What You Get
- 7-day/5-night Tokyo vacation with airfare
- 25 options available, including departures in June, July, August, September, October, November, and December 2015 from LAX
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $300 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 5/19/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Visit the World’s Unofficial Culinary Capital
Japan’s capital city, Tokyo, has more Michelin-starred restaurants than any other place in the world. Its ancient temples, nightlife scene, and shopping districts are no less impressive, offering a blend of ancient and hypermodern. Since this trip’s itinerary is mostly open, you can explore much of the city on your own. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX)
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 5 nights of standard room accommodations at Tokyo Prince Hotel
- Transfers per itinerary
- Daily breakfast
- Half-day Tokyo tour
- Guests may purchase an upgrade to the Grand Pacific Le Daiba Hotel for $150 when calling Gate 1 to redeem.
Tokyo’s skyline rivals that of New York for its iconic skyscrapers. See the whole city from the top down on Tokyo Tower’s observation deck—on a clear day, you’ll also see Mount Fuji and Tokyo Bay. It’s easier to notice the mash-up of ancient tradition, vibrant pop culture, and space-age architecture from the ground, however. A stroll through the streets may yield gardens and temples bathed in the glow of towering neon signs. Below street level, the city’s subway system will shuttle you between famous sites such as ancient Buddhist temple Sensō-ji and the Tokyo National Museum, which holds the world’s largest collection of Japanese art.
Tokyo is also a world-class shopping destination. Pick up designer fashions from Issey Miyake and Comme des Garçons in the Ginza shopping district, which also boasts more art galleries than any other district. Not far from here are the peaceful Hamarikyu Gardens, where you can enjoy a traditional tea service at a teahouse in the middle of a pond.
- Morning city tour: You’ll start day 3 at the Meiji Shrine, dedicated to the first emperor of Japan. Next up are Tokyo Tower and the Imperial Palace’s manicured East Garden.
- Explore the shops during your Ginza shopping trip on day 3.
- Tsukiji Fish Market: The world’s largest and busiest fish market hosts a live tuna auction every morning at 5 a.m. Catch the show while enjoying a sushi breakfast. Available independently, not included.
- Party like a local: Head to Roppongi to belt the hits at a karaoke bar, or enjoy a cocktail at a lounge in Shinjuku. Most bars and clubs stay open until sunrise, so plan for a late night. Available independently, not included.
- Have a multicourse meal at a traditional kaiseki restaurant, or grab a quick dinner at a standup ramen shop. Available independently, not included.
- Optional tours: On day 4, take a full-day trip to Mount Fuji that includes a lake cruise ($165; includes lunch). On day 6, travel to Nikko, an ancient mountain city about 90 miles north of Tokyo ($175; includes lunch). There you can see the burial site of famous shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. In the winter, monkeys often stroll the city streets in search of food.
- Accommodations: The Tokyo Prince Hotel is near four downtown subway stops, granting easy access to the city’s attractions. The hotel is also home to several bars, restaurants, and shops.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Airfare is available from LAX. The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Gate 1 Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1-(800)-682-3333.
- One queen bed or two twin beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Parking: available
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: allowed only in designated areas
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: call the tour operator to inquire about handicap-accessible rooms.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Promotional value expires May 20, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 5/19/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $300 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tokyo Vacation with Airfare
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) is included; alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.