What You Get
How to Book
- Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional fee to travel solo.
- Choose your package from the drop-down menu.
- After purchasing this deal, follow the instructions on your voucher to book your trip with Gate 1 Travel no later than 6/7/22.
Know Before You Go
- Additional fees to travel solo:
- Standard & Upgrade Hotel Options:
- $300 (8/1/22–10/27/22)
- Standard Hotel Options:
- $300 (10/31/22–2/28/23)
- Upgrade Hotel Options:
- $400 (10/31/22–2/28/23)
- Standard & Upgrade Hotel Options:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required in order to travel with Gate 1 Travel.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- CDC Travel Order: Effective 12/6/21, all air passengers regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding a U.S. bound flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
- Official language: Spanish
- Currency: Euro
8-Day Vacation in Madrid and Barcelona
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK)
- Transportation between cities via standard class high-speed rail with reserved seats
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (215) 315-3955.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
Standard Option Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Ibis Styles Madrid Las Ventas Hotel in Madrid
- 3 nights of accommodations at Ilunion Auditori in Barcelona
- Daily breakfast
Upgrade Option Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Novotel Madrid Las Ventas Hotel or H10 Puerta de Alcal in Madrid
- 3 nights of accommodations at Ilunion Bel Art or Hotel Barcelona Universal in Barcelona
- Daily breakfast
Ideas for Your Vacation
You’ll have plenty of time to explore two of Spain’s most exciting cities—Madrid and Barcelona—during this 8-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel. An open agenda and optional tours make it easy to take in as much culture and as many tapas as you want.
- One of the world’s great art museums: A Madrid must-visit is The Prado, which displays the work of Spanish masters including El Greco, Velazquez, and Goya. You can also see the famous Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch.
- Literary giant: Madrid’s Plaza de España boasts a massive monument to Cervantes, Spain’s beloved novelist, poet, and playwright.
- The Picasso Museum in Barcelona features more than 4,000 of the artist’s works. Made up of five gothic palaces dating back as far as the 13th century, the complex itself is also a masterpiece.
- La Sagrada Familia is still under construction after more than 130 years, but you don’t have to wait ‘til it’s finished to appreciate its grandeur.
Call Gate 1 Travel at (215) 315-3955 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; 11 or younger do not need a voucher in order to travel (kid fares available through Gate 1 Travel)
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Half-day Toledo tour
- Half-day tour of El Escorial
- Half-day tour of Montserrat
- Full-day tour of Barcelona, with Sagrada Familia and Poble Espanyol
- Promotional value expires Jun 7, 2022. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 6/7/22 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Due to limited availability, departure gateways may be substituted by Gate 1 with an alternate nearby airport
- $200 per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% voucher price; 31-day or fee up to 90% voucher price; 2-day or fee up to voucher price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Gate 1 Travel at (215) 315-3955 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website, http://travel.state.gov, for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements
- Please find more info by visiting the US Embassy in Spain's site here
- CDC Travel Order: Effective 12/6/21, all air passengers regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding a US bound flight; more information on this testing requirement can be found here
- Additional fee to travel solo: $300 for standard & upgrade hotel options (8/1/22–10/27/22), $300 for standard hotel options (10/31/22–2/28/23) or $400 for upgrade hotel options (10/31/22–2/28/23)
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings