8-Day Costa del Sol Vacation
Spain’s Costa del Sol basks in sunshine nearly year-round. You’ll spend eight days here on this vacation, which includes a tour of Granada and another sightseeing tour in Ronda. You’ll also have some free time to lounge on the beach at your luxury accommodations or take in nearby Malaga’s Picasso Museum.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC (gateway subject to availability)
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 6 nights accommodations at Sol Principe in Torremolinos (near Malaga)
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Full-day tour of Granada
- Ronda sightseeing excursion<p>
Playamar Beach: Sol Principe Hotel
Located footsteps from Playamar Beach, this hotel is highlighted by an international buffet restaurants and a children’s play area.
- Enjoy Latin dancing onsite, one of many onsite activities including beachside horseback riding and snorkeling; nighttime flamenco shows are also nearby.
- Take a dip in the lagoon-style outdoor pool, kick back in a hydromassage tub, or look out on the ocean from the adults-only pool
Granada: Elegant Moorish Palaces
On a full-day tour of Granada, you’ll see its Muslim-influenced architecture set against the Sierra Nevada Mountains. You’ll also have leisure time later to re-visit some sites and check them out more in-depth.
- Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is perched on a hilltop above the Darro River. It houses decadent sultan’s chambers and marble fountains, all dating to the 14th century.
- Generalife gardens: Cypress, boxwood, and willow trees are on display at this garden on the grounds of Alhambra Palace, which aims to re-create a paradise
- Albaicin: This historical Muslim quarters features Moorish buildings containing tapas restaurants—great places to watch the sunset.
Ronda: Breathtaking Cliffside City
This Roman-influenced town sits on the very edge of a canyon hewn by the Guadalevin River. It was a favorite vacation spot for Ernest Hemingway.
- La Ciudad: Ronda’s Old Town district is surrounded by ancient fortress walls; its narrow streets weave past historical white-washed buildings.
- El Puente Nuevo: From this bridge—immortalized in Hemingway’s For Whom the Bell Tolls—you can get stunning views of the city and the deep river canyon. It divides Ronda’s old and new districts.
- Banos Arabes: Glass windows top these centuries-old Moorish baths, which still function to this day.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly form an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Gate 1 Travel is unable to accommodate extensions for this deal.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1 (800)-682-3333.