What You Get
- 5-day/3-night tour of Peru with airfare
- 39 options available, including departures in October, November, and December 2015 and January, February, March, and April 2016 from MIA and JFK
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $200 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 7/21/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Guided Tour of Peru
During this escorted tour of Peru from Gate 1 Travel, you’ll enjoy a full-day trip to Machu Picchu and explore Peru’s ancient secrets and rich culture in the city of Cuzco. Lost civilizations and city ruins with a dramatic mountain backdrop help tell the story of Peru’s 15,000-year history. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA) or New York City (JFK)
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- All intracountry flights: Lima to Cuzco and Cuzco to Lima
- 1 night of accommodations at Inkallpa Valle Sagrado Lodge & Spa or San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa in Urubamba Sacred Valley
- 2 nights of accommodations at San Agustin Internacional Hotel or Eco Inn Cuzco in Cuzco
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- Four meals: three breakfasts and one dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
New York flights depart on day 1, and Miami flights depart on day 2. For both, the tour begins on day 2.
Day 2: Urubamba Valley and Pisaq
After arriving in Lima, you’ll take a short flight to Cuzco. From there you’ll take a scenic drive through the Urubamba Valley, where your hotel for the night is located. Relatively unknown until recently, this region is home to small colonial towns and remote villages. This deal includes an orientation and welcome dinner with the tour guide to start the trip on a friendly note.
- Optional tour: Head to the Písac village and market, where handmade jewelry and ceramics are for sale ($19 or $21/person).
Day 3: Machu Picchu
Early in the morning, you’ll board a train with your English-speaking guide. Machu Picchu is well worth spending a full day. This hallowed Incan site is believed to be a ceremonial center of some kind—based on its impeccably preserved ornamental stonework and 50 burial sites—but its exact purpose remains shrouded in mystery. Hiram Bingham, the explorer who discovered the site in 1911, wrote, “In the variety of its charms and the power of its spell, I know of no place in the world which can compare with it.”
Days 4–5: Cuzco: “The Imperial City” and Temple of the Sun
You’ll have 2 full days in Cuzco, the former Incan capital that’s surrounded by the Andes Mountains. Cuzco is a living museum of Peruvian history, with Incan ruins, Spanish colonial churches, and several art museums. The town is also full of modern charms—visitors revel in its thriving culinary scene, with unbeatable gourmet coffee and bustling markets.
To explore the city, either choose one of the optional tours (extra fees) or see it on your own. Don’t miss a chance to see the Temple of the Sun (also called Qurikancha), once the Incas’ most important religious site. Legend has it that this temple was once covered in gold and filled with priceless statues. Spanish colonists destroyed much of the original structure, erecting a church at the site and incorporating many of the temple’s original elements in its design. At the end of your second evening here, you’ll fly back to Lima in order to depart on your journey home. You’ll arrive in the United States on day 6.
- Optional tours include a city tour, a “behind-the-scenes” look at Cuzco ($39 and $49, respectively, or $69 or $83 for both depending on date), a tour of ancient ruins ($45 or $49), and dinner in a Peruvian home ($24).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available from Miami (MIA) or New York City (JFK). The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers will need to purchase a Groupon. Kids must be 8 or older to travel.
- Promotional value expires Jul 21, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 7/21/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $200 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tour of Peru and Machu Picchu with Airfare
- This deal includes round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA) or New York City (JFK); alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.