Guided Tour of Peru
During this 4- or 5-day escorted tour of Peru from Gate 1 Travel, you’ll explore Peru’s ancient secrets and rich culture in the city of Cuzco and enjoy a full-day trip to Machu Picchu. Lost civilizations and city ruins with a dramatic mountain backdrop help tell the story of Peru’s 15,000-year history. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA) or New York (JFK) via LAN Airlines
- 1 night of standard accommodations at the Inkallpa Valle Sagrado Hotel or San Agustin Urubamba Hotel in the Urubamba Valley
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the San Agustin International in Cuzco
- Intracountry flights between Lima and Cuzco and all transfers
- Hotel porterage
- Three breakfasts and one dinner
- Full-day Machu Picchu tour
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
New York flights depart on day 1, and Miami flights depart on day 2. For both, the tour begins on day 2.
Day 2: Urubamba Valley and Pisaq
After arriving in Lima, you’ll take a short flight to Cuzco, then take a scenic drive through the Urubamba Valley, where your hotel for the night is located. Relatively unknown until recently, this region is home to small colonial towns and remote villages. This deal includes an orientation and welcome dinner with the tour guide to start the trip on a friendly note.
- Optional tour: Head to the Pisaq village and market, where handmade jewelry and ceramics are for sale (extra $19 fee).
Day 3: Machu Picchu
Early in the morning, you’ll board a train with your English-speaking guide. Machu Picchu is well worth spending a full day. This hallowed Incan site is believed to be a ceremonial center of some kind—based on its impeccably preserved ornamental stonework and 50 burial sites—but its exact purpose remains shrouded in mystery. Hiram Bingham, the explorer who discovered the site in 1911, wrote, “In the variety of its charms and the power of its spell, I know of no place in the world which can compare with it.”
Days 4–5: Cuzco: “The Imperial City” and Temple of the Sun
You’ll have 2 full days in Cuzco, the former Incan capital that’s surrounded by the Andes Mountains. Cuzco is a living museum of Peruvian history, with Incan ruins, Spanish colonial churches, and several art museums. The town is also full of modern charms—visitors revel in its thriving culinary scene, with unbeatable gourmet coffee and bustling markets.
To explore the city, either choose one of the optional tours (extra fees) or see it on your own. Don’t miss a chance to see the Temple of the Sun (also called “Qurikancha”), once the Incas’ most important religious site. Legend has it that this temple was once covered in gold and filled with priceless statues. Spanish colonists destroyed much of the original structure, erecting a church at the site and incorporating many of the temple’s original elements in its design. At the end of your second evening here, you’ll fly back to Lima in order to depart on your journey home.
- Optional tours include a city tour, a “behind-the-scenes” look at Cuzco ($65 and $49, respectively, or $105 for both), and dinner in a Peruvian home ($24).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available from Miami or JFK dependent upon departure date.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers will need to purchase a Groupon. Kids must be 8 or older to travel.