What You Get
- 10-day/9-night tour of Peru with airfare
- 30 options available, including departures in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November 2015 from MIA
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $300 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 2/10/15
- Cancellation policy and fees: $200 fee per person to cancel; 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Explore Lost Incan Cities, Lake Titicaca, and Lima on Peru Tour
On this 10-day tour, you’ll get an up-close look at Peru’s most popular attractions, including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, as well as the modern cities of Lima and Cuzco. Most days are filled with planned activities, but some are set aside for you to discover Peru on your own. On these open days, you can take optional excursions for extra fees; they’re bookable through Gate 1 Travel after purchase. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA)
- Flights between Lima and Cuzco and Juliaca and Lima
- 3 nights of accommodations at Jose Antonio Hotel in Lima
- 2 nights of accommodations at San Agustin Urubamba Hotel in Urubamba Sacred Valley
- 2 nights of accommodations at Jose Antonio Cuzco Hotel
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hotel Royal Inn Puno
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 14 meals: 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager and local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Days 1–2: Flight and Lima
- Guided Lima tour: On day 2, you’ll see the San Francisco Monastery, known for its beautiful 17th-century architecture and library.
- Eat like a local: During free time, sample ceviche in cafés or enjoy a pisco sour, Peru’s national drink, made with lime juice, egg white, and angostura bitters.
- Optional excursions: dinner and a music-and-dance show ($55/person) or a visit to the Museo Larco, home to an extensive exhibit of pre-Columbian art and artifacts ($49/person)
Days 3–4: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Urubamba Sacred Valley: You’ll arrive here on day 3 after a flight to Cuzco. On the way, stop in Chinchero for lunch and a traditional weaving demonstration.
- Ollantaytambo is a city built into cliffs by the Incas in the 15th century. It has some of the Americas’ oldest continuously occupied buildings.
- Optional excursions: a five-hour Maras and Moray tour ($59/person) or a traditional Peruvian dinner with a local family ($25/person)
Day 5: Machu Picchu
- Trip highlight: Early in the morning, you’ll board an expedition train for Machu Picchu and spend the afternoon exploring Peru’s lost city. With its high-quality ornamental stonework and 50 burial sites, Machu Picchu is believed to be a ceremonial center of some kind, but its exact purpose remains shrouded in mystery. In the evening, you’ll return to Cuzco by train and shuttle.
Day 6: Cuzco
- Free day: You can explore Cuzco, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city. It has cobblestone streets, massive Inca-built walls, and many lavish churches.
- Plaza de Armas: Shop here for handicrafts and textiles.
- Optional excursions: A half-day tour ($49/person) visits an open-air produce market and a native Andean shaman, or a Highlights of Cuzco excursion takes travelers to historical venues such as the Colonial Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun ($65/person; $105/person for both options).
Day 7: Raqchi and Puno
- Lake Titicaca: A motorcoach will take you through the Peruvian agricultural fields and Andes mountains on a scenic drive to Puno, a city on the banks of the world’s highest navigable lake.
- Raqchi: En route to Puno, the group will stop in this ancient town, home to the Temple of Wiracocha. It was built for the god credited with keeping the nearby Quimsachata volcano in check.
Day 8: Uros Islands and Lake Titicaca
- The floating islands in the center of Lake Titicaca were built by the Uros tribe using totora reeds. Many say that walking on the islands feels like walking on a waterbed.
- Optional excursion: a trip to Sillustani, whose towering, cylinder-shaped stone tombs predate the Incas ($33/person)
Days 9–10: Lima and Departure for Miami
- Say farewell to Puno on day 9 and depart for Lima. You’ll have 1 night here to celebrate with dinner at a local restaurant with your travel companions and tour manager. On the following day, you’ll depart for Miami.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
This deal is only available from Miami.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers will need to purchase a Groupon.
- Promotional value expires Feb 10, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 2/10/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee per person to cancel; 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $300 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tour of Peru with Airfare
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA) is included.