Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- All transfers
- Sightseeing per itinerary in a modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (8 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Crown Plaza Porto or Catalonia Oporto in Porto
- 1 night of accommodations at Dos Templarios in Tomar
- 1 night of accommodations at Mar De Ar Muralhas Hotel or Vila Gale Evora in Evora
- 3 nights of accommodations at Altis Grand Hotel, Occidental Lisboa, Eurostars Lisboa Parque or Turim Av Liberdade Hotel in Lisbon
- Hotel porterage, taxes, fees & service charges
Attractions & Meals
- 12 meals; 8 breakfasts and 4 dinners with wine
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides per itinerary
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Most people who visit Portugal make a stop in Lisbon, but Gate 1 Travel knows there’s so much more to explore. For 10 days, guests travel through this culturally rich country with their guide, seeing three of the biggest cities along with quaint countryside towns.
- Day 1: Fly to Portugal
- Day 2: Arrive in Porto and spend your day exploring Portugal’s second-biggest city. Meet your guide and travel mates at dinner.
- Day 3: Take a tour of Porto with your guide. Drive along the Douro River, see the Church of Sao Francisco, and the Stock Exchange. End the tour with a visit to a Port Wine Cellar.
- Day 4: Spend a day of leisure in Porto or take an optional Medieval Portugal tour.
- Day 5: Spend the morning driving through the Buçaco National Park to Coimbra, the third-largest city in the country. Spend the afternoon in this town’s university area before going to Fatima, a Catholic shrine for pilgrims. Then go to Tomar.
- Day 6: Visit the hilltop Convent of Christ before crossing the Tagus River. Then, explore the Jewish Quarter.
- Day 7: Spend the day with your guide through the medieval town of Evora. Then head to Lisbon.
- Day 8: Wake up in one of Europe’s oldest cities before touring Lisbon, including the Belem Tower and Jeronimos Monastery. Then, maybe take an optional tour of Sintra.
- Day 9: Spend the day with your guide in the countryside of Lisbon. First stop is Obidos before Alcobaça, and the fishing harbor of Nazaré.
- Day 10: Fly home.
Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; must be 8 years or older to travel and a voucher is required
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Visit here for optional tours and upgrades.