What You Get
- 7-day/5-night Iceland vacation with airfare
- 46 options available, including departures in September, October, November, and December 2016; January, February, and March 2017 from New York City (specific gateway based on availability).
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $400 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 6/3/16
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 per person fee to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Breakfast available for an additional cost on day 2, approximately US $12–$23 per person. Arrival and departure transfers available for $30 per person per transfer. Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
7-Day Iceland Vacation
This vacation puts you in Reykjavík, the world’s northernmost capital city. There’s no set itinerary, so you can spend your time here exploring at your own pace. We’ve highlighted some of our favorite spots in and around Reykjavík below. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Overnight flight from New York City to Reykjavik, Iceland
- 5 nights of standard accommodations at Arctic Comfort Hotel, Hotel Cabin, Fosshotel Baron, or Centerhotel Klopp in Reykjavik
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Daily breakfast (breakfast available for an additional cost on day 2, approximately US $12–$23 per person)
- Hallgrimskirkja: This Lutheran church in downtown Reykjavík stands out thanks to modern structural elements and a height of 250 feet. Inside, an elaborate 25-ton organ dominates the space.
- Gullfoss: One of Iceland’s best-known waterfalls is about 90 minutes from Reykjavík and well worth the journey. The falls cascade down two ledges surrounded by green hillsides.
- Nauthólsvík Beach: The hot pools around this lagoon stay warm all year.
- Icelandic eats: Pylsur, the country’s popular lamb hot dog, is best ordered topped with sweet mustard and deep-fried onions. Arctic salmon and lobster are often featured heavily on menus.
- Optional tours: Reykjavik city tour ($46–$50/person); Northern Lights tour ($70/person); Blue Lagoon experience ($100–105/person); and Golden Circle tour, which visits Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir National Park, and Iceland’s geothermal geysers ($99/person)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Gate 1 Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers, including children, must have a Groupon voucher in order to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.
- Promotional value expires Jun 3, 2016. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 6/3/16 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 per person fee to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Breakfast available for an additional cost on day 2, approximately US $12–$23 per person
- Arrival and departure transfers available for $30 per person per transfer
- $400 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Iceland Vacation with Airfare from Gate 1 Travel
- Round-trip airfare from New York is included