Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Arrival and departure transfers
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (4 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Stracta Hotel in Hella or Icelandair Hotel Fludir in Fludir
- 2 nights of accommodations at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura in Reykjavik
- Hotel porterage
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast
- Sightseeing per itinerary in a modern motor coach
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Services of an English-speaking tour manager throughout
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Some of Iceland’s most scenic landscapes and natural wonders await you on your excursion through the island. As you embark on your journey, you’ll encounter the historic monuments and rich culture found in the world’s most northerly capital of Reykjavik, stand at the foot of the imposing waterfalls, and relax in the tranquil village of Flúðir.
- Day 1: Depart for Iceland.
- Day 2: Arrive in Iceland. Transfer to Reykjavik. The city tour starts with a drive past Old Town Center, Parliament, and the Cathedral, and Hofdi House, the site of the 1986 Iceland Summit. Stop at the Pearl Vantage point for iconic views of the capital and surrounding city. Next, you’ll head to the serene village of Hella or Fludir, surrounded by rural scenery for an overnight stay. Tonight, join the optional Farm Visit with Tasting & Dinner.
- Day 3: Travel along the South Shore, enjoy gorgeous views of the Hekla volcano. Stop at the spectacular Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls.
- Day 4: Discover some of Iceland’s famous natural wonders, including Gullfoss Waterfall, Stokkur Geysir, and the geographic wonder and historic area of Thingvellir, home to the world’s oldest democratic parliament and breathtaking canyons. Head to Reykjavik to discover the city’s charm.*
- Day 5: Time to relax in Iceland’s famous Blue Lagoon, a pool of mineral-rich geothermal water located in the middle of a lava field. Spend more time in Reykjavik to explore its hip cafes and art galleries. Tonight, join the optional Viking Feast & Entertainment.
- Day 6: Depart Iceland.
Please note that this is an active itinerary which includes several walking tours on often uneven, icy terrain.
Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; must be 8 years or older to travel and a voucher is required
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Farm visit with tasting and dinner on day 2 ($95/person)
- Full-day south shore adventure on day 3 ($105/person)
- Viking feast and entertainment on day 5 ($125/person)
- Blue lagoon experience comfort on day 5($125/person)