12-Day Tour of Vietnam
See Vietnam's ornate pagodas, modern cities, and French colonial architecture on this guided tour. A boat ride on Halong Bay and a visit to the Imperial City are among the itinerary's highlights. Along the way, you'll have access to several optional tours for additional fees (see itinerary for more information). The trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) (alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee)
- All intra-flights within Vietnam
- 2 nights in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 nights in Hoi An
- 2 nights in Hue
- 1 night in Halong Bay
- 3 nights in Hanoi
- 14 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing as outlined in itinerary in a modern, air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of an English-speaking tour manager throughout tour
- Click here for an itinerary
Days 1–3: Travel to and Enjoy Ho Chi Minh City
The tour begins in Ho Chi Minh City, once known as Saigon. You'll have some free time to see the sights on your own before setting out on a half-day tour of the city's most famous landmarks.
- Notre Dame Cathedral reflects the city's French colonial influence. Built in the late 19th century, the building typifies neo-Romanesque architecture with its iron spires and arched windows.
- Ben Thanh Market: Navigate between bustling vendor stalls to browse bamboo goods and souvenirs or sample che, a soup-like dessert traditionally made with coconut and tapioca balls.
Days 4–5: Hoi An
A brief flight by way of Da Nang brings you to Hoi An on Vietnam's northern coast. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is dotted with more than 800 temples and other structures dating back to the 16th century. You'll visit some of these historic sites as well as a silk embroidery workshop.
- Phuoc Kien Pagoda was built roughly three centuries ago as a tribute to the Vietnamese sea goddess. Inside, you'll find altars decorated with statues that are said to promote fertility and prosperity.
- Japanese Covered bridge: This structure has endured since 1593.
Days 6–7: Hue
This village overlooking the Perfume River is known for its marble. While you're here, you'll take a tour of the surrounding area to see the Thai Hoa Palace and the Dynastic Urns, the burial site of former emperors.
- Marble Mountains: five distinct summits made up of multicolored limestone
- Imperial City: The onetime home of Vietnam's emperors was designed to resemble Beijing's Forbidden City. Tour the grounds to see pagodas and a palace-turned-museum filled with priceless artifacts and weaponry.
- Thien Mu pagoda: A seven-story temple standing next to the river; this is not included in the itinerary but can be seen during free time on these days.
Days 8–12: Hanoi and Halong Bay, and Return Trip
Next, you'll make your way to Halong Bay, which you'll tour by boat the following morning. More than 1,500 islands and limestone formations are scattered throughout the bay. For the final leg of the trip, the tour heads to Hanoi to give you a chance to explore the Old Quarter and see a water puppet show depicting the city's history.
- Hoan Kiem Lake is a major focal point for the city (and a good spot to orient yourself). Weeping willows surround the water and you can sometimes spot giant turtles.
- Museum of Ethnology: showcases traditional Vietnamese living quarters, ancient artifacts, and tribal artwork
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from LAX. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Gate 1 Travel for details.