Property at a Glance: Geronimo Creek Retreat
Teepees and cabins dot the wooded grounds of Geronimo Creek Retreat, but you won’t be roughing it here. There’s an outdoor hot tub, game room, wifi, and satellite TV, Teepees come with a kitchenette and Cabins are equipped with full kitchens. A creek runs along the property, complete with a rope swing. As a guest, you’ll have access to kayaking, paddleboards, and more.
- Pecan trees shade a babbling spring-fed creek where you can cast out a line for fish or jump in for a swim.
- Go glamping: Stay in a fully insulated and air-conditioned teepee equipped with a kitchenette or cozy up in a loft in an old-fashioned cabin.
- Game on: Play ping-pong, pool, shuffleboard, giant connect four, or darts in the rec room, which also has a big-screen TV and a hot tub.
- Paddle down the spring-fed Geronimo Creek that borders the property, Kayaks are available for guests to use, free of charge.
- Nearby shopping: San Marcos Premium Outlets is just a 20-minute drive away.
Seguin, Texas: Historic Pecan Town near New Braunfels
The small town on the banks of the Guadalupe River boasts a charming downtown lined with Victorian-era houses and boutiques. Local charm and entertainment are boundless in Seguin. Guests can rent a lakeside cabana at Son’s Island, fly down a rollercoaster at ZDT’s, or eat along the Guadalupe River at the Power Plant. Gruene hall, Texas’ oldest dance hall, is also a must.
Seguin is less than a fifteen-minute drive from New Braunfels, where you’ll find the famous Schlitterbahn water park. Here, you can splash down high-speed water slides and scream your way up water coasters that zoom uphill. To explore nature, take a canoe down the Guadalupe River or hike the otherworldly Natural Bridge Caverns.