9-Night, Three-City Italian Vacation
Travel by rail between some of Italy's most legendary cities—Rome, Florence, and Venice—on this 9-night vacation. There's no set itinerary, so you can explore the Roman ruins, Renaissance museums, and winding canals at your own pace. This vacation includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 3 nights of hotel accommodations in Rome at the Holiday Inn Express San Giovanni (or similar)
- Second-class rail from Rome to Florence
- 3 nights of hotel accommodations in Florence at the De La Pace hotel (or similar; Athenaeum Hotel or similar for 5/5/14 departure)
- Second-class rail from Florence to Venice
- 3 nights of hotel accommodations in Venice at the Apogia Sirio hotel (or similar; Santa Chiara hotel or similar for 9/15/14 departure)
- Complimentary breakfast daily
Rome: Ancient Ruins and Dazzling Architecture
Italy's capital is a living museum, from its sacred sites to ancient ruins that include the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
- St. Peter's Basilica stands near the site where St. Peter was said to be crucified. Inside, gilded dome ceilings have been painted by Renaissance greats Michelangelo and Raphael.
- Trevi Fountain: Statues of Neptune adorn this carved stone fountain, which dates back to the 18th century. It's worth seeing after dark when it's lit up. Tradition holds that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you're certain to come back to Rome.
Florence: Renaissance Art in Tuscany
Michelangelo's marble David sculpture is just one of many Renaissance masterpieces you can see in Florence's world-famous galleries.
- Uffizi Gallery, built in the 16th century, showcases iconic works by Botticelli, Da Vinci, and Giotto.
- Brunelleshi's Dome: Marble lines the floors of this cathedral, but its centerpiece is the dome—one of the largest in the world. Frescoes here are covered with evocative paintings of heaven and hell.
- San Lorenzo Market: Browse Tuscan cheeses, souvenir items, and leather accessories.
Venice: Peaceful Canals and Modern Art
Venice is pleasantly devoid of screeching tires and honking car horns—instead of roads, there's a network of placid canals where you can travel by gondola.
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection: sits alongside the Grand Canal and packs in contemporary Cubist, Surrealist, and Abstract pieces by the likes of Picasso and Jackson Pollock.
- St. Mark's Square: Pigeons and tourists alike flock to this large piazza, home to such landmarks as Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. Parts of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were filmed here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.