8-Day Grecian Vacation, from Athens to Santorini
This 8-day trip starts out in the Grecian capital of Athens, where you can see ancient Greek ruins of the Acropolis and the Parthenon. Then, jetset to the islands of Mykonos and Santorini for a taste of Greece’s beautiful seaside landscape. There’s no set itinerary once you arrive at each location, so you can explore at your own pace.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (NYC)
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the Polis Grand Hotel in Athens or a similar hotel
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the Mykonos Beach Hotel in Mykonos or a similar hotel
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the King Thiras Hotel in Santorini or a similar hotel
- Standard economy-class ferries from Athens to Mykonos and Santorini back to Athens
- Economy-class Hydrofoil from Mykonos to Santorini
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes<p>
Athens: Greece’s Ancient Center
Known as the Cradle of Western Civilization, Athens has a wealth of historic and intellectual attractions to offer visitors. The ruined Acropolis is this city’s centerpiece, but there’s still a modern feel to many of the local museums and galleries.
- The Parthenon: Perched high above the Acropolis since around 450 B.C, this temple to the Goddess Athena features striking Doric columns and intricate marble friezes
- New Acropolis Museum: An angular, modernistic building that presents a contemporary counterpart to the aged Acropolis. The museum’s thousands of artifacts include a marble statue of Athena and a terra cotta sculpture of Nike.
- Central Market: Locals call this bazaar the “varvakios agora.” Browse fresh seafood, artisan cheeses, and vegetables from nearby farmers. The lamb-based patsas soup is a favorite dish.
Mykonos: Centuries-old Windmills Overlooking the Aegean Sea
Travel + Leisure named Mykonos among the earth’s best island’s in 2013. One look at its white-washed Cycladic architecture overlooking craggy shores, and it’s easy to see why.
- The windmills: Known as Kato Myli, more than a dozen 16th-century farming windmills stand on a hilltop. Climb up the hill for postcard-worthy views of the Aegean.
- Little Venice: Grab a table at one of this village’s classy seaside bars for a front-row seat of the sunset<p>
Santorini: Ancient Volcanic Island with Black Sand Beaches
Santorini is also called “Thera,” a crater island owes its ruddy, rugged landscape to an earth-shattering volcanic eruption more than 3,500 years ago. Many speculate that Santorini was the site of the Lost City of Atlantis. Today, visitors come to behold its whitewashed homes perch on the side of craggy hilltops.
- Scuba dive off Caldera Beach to see lava-rock formations and underwater caves that shelter barracuda, lobsters, and colorful tropical fish.
- Oia Village is a small town hugs the rim of the island’s volcanic caldera; its views of the sea are almost outdone by its cluster of bright white cliffside buildings topped with blue domes.<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.<p>
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.<p>
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.<p>
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.<p>
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.<p>