Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Paris
Watch fireworks burst around the Eiffel Tower or toast 2015 on the banks of the Seine during this weeklong vacation in Paris. You’ll stay on the city’s historic Left Bank, near cafes where Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald scribbled the initial ideas for some of their most famous works. By day, you can venture across the river to see some of the City of Lights’ most famous sites, including Notre-Dame Cathedral and The Louvre (home to Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa). This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Greater New York Area, Chicago, or Los Angeles
- 6 nights of standard accommodations at Marriott Rive Gauche, Villa Luxembourg or similar hotel in Paris
- One bottle of sparkling wine per room on arrival
- Daily breakfast
- Iconic architecture: The Eiffel Tower was dismissed by some critics as a “truly tragic street lamp” when it was built. Millions of annual visitors from all over the world would beg to differ. It’s especially beautiful at night, when it twinkles with 20,000 lights.
- Hidden secret: Grab a lantern and descend deep into Paris’s underbelly to see catacombs lined with skulls and bones arranged in eerie patterns.
- Artistic hub: See sculptures at Musée Rodin, or browse works by Monet and Gauguin at Musée d’Orsay, which occupies a former train station.
- Eat like a local: Stop at one of the many sidewalk pastry vendors to try handmade crepes, tarts, and buttery croissants filled with chocolate.
- Say “Happy New Year” in French: Bonne année (BOHN-ah-neh)
Know Before You Go
- Official language: French
- Currency: Euro (USD$1 to €0.73 as of May 2014)
- Time difference: 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Entrance requirements for US citizens: a passport valid for at least three months beyond your planned date of departure
Frequently Asked Questions
From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.