10-Day Vacation in Central Europe
This trip takes you to several capitals in the heart of central Europe. You’ll split your time between Budapest, Vienna, and Prague. All trips include:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC
- 3 nights standard accommodations in Budapest at the Hotel Astoria City Centre
- Second-class rail from Budapest to Vienna
- 3 nights standard accommodations in Vienna at the Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schönbrunn
- Second-class rail from Vienna to Prague
- 3 nights standard accommodations in Prague at the Hotel Duo
- Daily breakfast
Budapest is the amalgam of two historic cities: Buda and Pest, sister cities separated by the Danube River. It’s the largest city in Hungary and the country’s cultural hub, and its culinary scene has a sterling reputation. Grab dinner at one of the so-called “floating restaurants,” which are located on ships that cruise the Danube.
- Take a stroll through City Park and visit Heroes’ Square, which houses the oft-photographed Millennium Monument as well as the Museum of Fine Arts.
- Relax in a hot spring-fed pool, such as the Gellert Baths or Rudas Baths, a 16th-century, Turkish-style bath.
- Visit the Matthias Church, built in 1255 and situated in the heart of Buda’s Castle District.
- Accommodations: Hotel Astoria City Centre
Vienna, located on the banks of the Danube in northeastern Austria, has a rich and royal heritage. The Hofburg Imperial Palace is a must-see for any visitor. It has a collection of exquisite linens, dishware, and centerpieces used by the royal family for centuries.
- Tour St. Stephan’s Cathedral: This Gothic cathedral towers over the bustling thoroughfare called Stephansplatz.
- Try this dish: a slice of sachertorte, a rich, dark chocolate cake that Vienna is known for
- Wander through Schonbrunn: Once a royal hunting lodge, the palace is now a UNESCO World Heritage site with stunning architecture and meticulous gardens.
- Accommodations: Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schonbrunn
You’ll end your European sojourn in the “City of a Thousand Spires.” Prague is a dreamy, Baroque-era city on the banks of the Vltava River. Head to the Prague Castle complex for stunning views of the city and Charles Bridge; here, you can also explore the royal palace and see the Bohemian crown jewels.
- Shop in Old Town Square: This city center is lined with cafes and boutiques housed in Baroque-style buildings.
- Stroll the Charles Bridge at sunset; the 14th-century bridge spans the Vltava River and brims with musicians and painters.
- See a performance of Mozart: “Don Giovanni” is playing at the National Marionette Theater.
- Accommodations: Hotel Duo
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.