Explore the Capitals of Italy and France
On this 7-day vacation in Western Europe, you’ll divide your time between classically romantic Paris and stunningly historic Rome. This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC
- 3-night standard accommodations in Paris at the Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy Hotel or similar
- Continuing flight to Rome
- 3-night standard accommodations in Rome at the 4-star Gambrinus Hotel or similar
- Daily breakfast
The trip begins in the City of Lights, which lives up to its name. For all its fanfare, the Eiffel Tower rarely disappoints: at night, its thousands of twinkling lights turn on to dazzle onlookers. You’ll design your own itinerary in Paris, but we’ve listed a few highlights below.
- Befriend the gargoyles at the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, which you can reach by a spiral staircase.
- People-watch at a sidewalk café with a pain au chocolat on the beautiful (and historic) Left Bank.
- Cruise the Seine for an intimate look at the city from a fresh perspective.
- Admire classic works of art, such as the Mona Lisa and The Winged Victory of Samothrace, at the Louvre—but be sure to leave enough time to stroll the Impressionist wing at the Musée d’Orsay.
The next stop is Italy’s capital city, where you can tour the Colosseum, dine at an outdoor cafe in Piazza Navona, and ascend the Spanish Steps. Be sure to toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain—according to legend, it ensures you’ll come back to Rome someday.
- Roman Forum: The former headquarters of ancient Rome is scattered with temples, columns, and arches in various states of decay.
- Vatican City: See St. Peter’s Basilica—the largest church in Christendom—and marvel at the frescoes on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Galleria Borghese: Make reservations ahead of time to tour this small but impressive sculpture museum; a limited number of visitors are admitted each day.
- Snack like a local: Grab a square of warm pizza bianca topped with olive oil and salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.