7-Day Vacation in Venice and Amsterdam
Nearly a thousand miles separate Venice and Amsterdam, but the two legendary cities have plenty in common in spirit. On a visit to both of these waterside cities, you can glide along peaceful canals that crisscross the landscape, and admire art by the likes of Van Gogh and Titian. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- 3-night standard accommodations in Venice at the Smart Hotel Holiday Mestre or similar
- Continuing flight from Venice to Amsterdam
- 3-night standard accommodations in Amsterdam at the Memphis Hotel or similar
- Complimentary breakfast
No matter where you go in Venice, you’re hardly ever more than a few feet from the water. The city, the first stop of your vacation, is built along the Mediterranean coast amid a winding system of canals, and the best way to explore it is by boat. Hop one of the local waterbuses—called vaporetti in Italian—to travel to the Rialto Bridge, St. Mark’s Square, and other sites along the Grand Canal as well as to the small islands that surround the city center.
- Gallerie dell’Accademia displays priceless works by Bellini, Titian, and other Renaissance-era masters.
- Feed the pigeons at St. Mark’s Square, the biggest piazza in Venice. It served as a shooting location for Casino Royale and The Italian Job.
There’s a certain storybook quality to Amsterdam; you can walk along glistening canals, snap pics of century-old windmills, and visit a museum dedicated to the country’s national flower, the tulip. At Blomenmarkt, a year-round market, you can buy tulips and other colorful blooms from barges that float side by side. We’ve listed some of our favorite stops below for your three-day jaunt here.
- Anne Frank House: Visit the historic house in central Amsterdam where Anne Frank hid from the Nazis for years and wrote her famous diary.
- Van Gogh Museum: This museum boasts the world’s most extensive collection of paintings by the famous Dutch-born artist, along with early sketches and letters. Other works spotlight Toulouse-Lautrec and Gaugin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.