Top Reasons to Stay at the All-Inclusive Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
- The all-inclusive resort sits on a pristine stretch of beachfront in Playa Dorada. The package includes snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing, and other nonmotorized watersports.
- The resort has five bars and three restaurants, providing plenty of culinary variety. Visit Edens Restaurant for savory barbecue, or Michelangelo Restaurant for authentic Italian eats.
- Superior garden- and ocean-view guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs and balconies that overlook the resort’s lush gardens or the ocean.
- Kids can play in the outdoor kiddie pool and adults can take dips in the outdoor pool and jacuzzi.
- Other recreational activities include volleyball, tennis, and horseback riding (additional fee).
- The resort is only a 15-minute drive outside of Puerto Plata, where you can ride its famous cable car up Mount Isabel de Torres and take in the scenic views from the top.
- Golfers will be steps away from the Playa Dorada Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro's massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It's also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you'll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria's foghorn.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.