Top Reasons to Stay at the All-Inclusive Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
- The all-inclusive resort sits on a pristine stretch of beachfront in Playa Dorada. The package includes snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing, and other nonmotorized watersports.
- Grand Paradise has four bars and four restaurants, providing plenty of culinary variety. Visit Edens Restaurant for savory barbecue or Michelangelo Restaurant for Italian eats.
- Superior garden- and ocean-view guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs and balconies that overlook the resort’s lush gardens or the ocean.
- Kids can play in the outdoor kiddie pool and adults can take dips in the outdoor pool and jacuzzi.
- Other recreational activities include volleyball, tennis, and horseback riding (additional fee).
- The resort is only a 15-minute drive outside of Puerto Plata, where you can ride its famous cable car up Mount Isabel de Torres and take in the scenic views from the top.
- Golfers will be steps away from the Playa Dorada Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro's massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It's also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you'll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria's foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about a 25-minute drive from Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Two additional guests may stay in superior garden-view rooms. No charge for guests 6 or younger; $19 per night for each additional guest aged 7–12, $40 per night for each additional guest 13 or older.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in the Dominican Republic and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Reservations and a dress code are required at Edens and Michelangelo restaurants.