Top Reasons to Stay at the All-Inclusive Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
- The all-inclusive resort sits on a pristine stretch of beachfront in Playa Dorada. The package includes snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and other nonmotorized watersports.
- Grand Paradise has four bars and four restaurants, providing plenty of culinary variety. Visit Edens Restaurant for savory barbecue or Michelangelo Restaurant for Italian eats. All meals, snacks, and non-premium alcohol are included with this deal.
- Superior ocean-view guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs and balconies that overlook the Caribbean.
- Kids can play in the outdoor kiddie pool and adults can take dips in the outdoor pool and hot tub.
- If you’re new to scuba diving, you can reserve an introductory lesson in the resort’s pool.
- Other recreational activities include volleyball, tennis, and horseback riding (additional fee).
- The resort is only a 15-minute drive outside of Puerto Plata, where you can ride its famous cable car up Mount Isabel de Torres and take in the scenic views from the top.
- Golfers will be steps away from the Playa Dorada Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.
- Guests can choose between two a la carte options, and one main buffet.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It’s also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you’ll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria’s foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about a 25-minute drive from Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard for September–October stays is $80 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $50 per night for each additional guest 7–12; kids 6 or younger stay free. For July–August stays, $105 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $66 per night for each additional guest 7–12; kids 6 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants and dress code may be required. For more information about your dining options, please click here or call 809-320-3663.