Explore an Ancient City with a Literary Past
Flanked by rolling green hills and the Irish Sea, Dublin offers splendid cultural attractions, pubs, and pints of Guinness. This deal includes a peaceful stay on the edge of the city, granting easy access to the city center via a short bus or tram ride. Optional add-ons like a hop-on, hop-off bus tour with a trip to the Guinness storehouse helps you navigate Dublin’s cobblestone streets. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK) or Boston (BOS). Travel out of additional gateways may be available at an extra cost - inquire at time of booking.
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at 4-star Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre, or upgrade to the Maldron Hotel in the city center for $25 per person.
Note: You can extend your stay by two nights ($100 per person). A meal-and-tour add-on is also available for $99, which includes daily breakfast, a hop-on, hop-off bus tour, and a tour of the Guinness storehouse.
During this trip, you’ll set your own itinerary, but we suggest visiting the National Museum of Ireland, which has three Dublin campuses for archaeology, natural history, and decorative arts. Nearby is the gothic Dublin Castle, which includes one of the city’s oldest medieval towers and the remnants of a 1,000-year-old Viking fortress. Fans of James Joyce’s Ulysses can take a walking tour of Dublin to see where many of the book’s scenes unfolded. No trip to Dublin is complete without visiting at least one pub, and Dublin has more than 650. Grab a pint at the Brazen Head, the city’s oldest pub, which was established 1198.
- Optional tour: Visit the Guinness storehouse, home of the popular Irish stout. A storehouse tour is included if you purchase the hop-on, hop-off bus tour add-on ($99).
- The Book of Kells: This medieval book depicts the four Gospels of the New Testament in stunningly detailed illustrations and calligraphy. It’s believed to date back to 800 AD, and is now on permanent display at the Old Library at Trinity College.
- Grab a bite in one of the Temple Bar district’s many restaurants, or head to a nightclub to sample some real Irish whiskey.
- Go shopping: Pick up some new duds in the Powerscourt Centre’s All Saints and French Connection stores.
- Accommodations: The elegant Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre offers spacious rooms, a golf course, and multiple restaurants. It’s located on the LUAS Saggart stop off the red line, and is just a short bus or tram ride from the city center, which is about 11 miles away. The available hotel upgrade, Maldron Hotel, is located downtown.
Know Before You Go
- Official language: Gaelic and English
- Currency: Euro
- Time difference: five hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time
- Entrance requirements for US citizens: a valid passport
- Flight time to Dublin: about 7 hours
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Purchase the JFK option and then call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.