Cannot be combined with any other promotional codes.
- Looking for a trip to Italy instead, take an 8-day vacation with airfare to Montegufoni Castle with Great Value Vacations starting at $999.
Explore an Ancient City with a Literary Past
Flanked by rolling green hills and the Irish Sea, Dublin offers splendid cultural attractions, pubs, and pints of Guinness. This deal includes a peaceful stay with easy access to the city center via a short bus or tram ride. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK), Hartford (BDL), or Chicago (ORD)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Regency Hotel Dublin or North Star Hotel
- 1 night overnight flight
- Passport required
- Transfers from airport to hotel not included; cabs cost between €10–€20, while a bus runs about €3–€5.
How to Book
- Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
- Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
- Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for Great Value Vacations contact and redemption instructions. Remember this deal is priced based on two people sharing a room; each traveler must buy a Groupon.
During this trip, you’ll set your own itinerary, but we suggest visiting the National Museum of Ireland, which has three Dublin campuses for archaeology, natural history, and decorative arts. Nearby is the gothic Dublin Castle, which includes one of the city’s oldest medieval towers and the remnants of a 1,000-year-old Viking fortress. Fans of James Joyce’s Ulysses can take a walking tour of Dublin to see where many of the book’s scenes unfolded. No trip to Dublin is complete without visiting at least one pub, and Dublin has more than 650. Grab a pint at the Brazen Head, the city’s oldest pub, which was established 1198.
- Must-see attraction: Visit the Guinness storehouse, home of the popular Irish stout.
- The Book of Kells: This medieval book depicts the four Gospels of the New Testament in stunningly detailed illustrations and calligraphy. It’s believed to date back to 800 AD, and is now on permanent display at the Old Library at Trinity College.
- Grab a bite in one of the Temple Bar district’s many restaurants, or head to a nightclub to sample some real Irish whiskey.
- Go shopping: Pick up some new duds in the Powerscourt Centre’s All Saints and French Connection stores.
Know Before You Go
- Official language: Gaelic and English
- Currency: Euro
- Time difference: five hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time
- Entrance requirements for US citizens: a valid passport
- Flight time to Dublin: about 7 hours
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Visit this page for current pricing from the gateway of your choice. Or, call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for assistance.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, visit this page for the most up-to date availability. Use interactive calendar to select a departure date. Or, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for assistance.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.
7. Can I purchase this deal without airfare? No. This deal is air inclusive and this package cannot be booked without airfare.