What You Get
- 13-day/11-night tour of Europe with airfare
- 6 options available, including departures in May, June, July, and August 2016 from JFK.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 896-4600 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $700 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 3/18/16
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price unless Great Value Vacations travel insurance is purchased; insurance cost is 9% of trip cost (including add-ons purchased at time of booking); see trip insurance policy for list of covered cancellation reasons. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
13-Day Tour of Europe
From the Eiffel Tower and the Swiss Alps to Venice’s canals and the Romantic Road, Europe’s attractions are too numerous to count. Put a dent in your travel bucket list with this 13-day tour, which takes you to London, Amsterdam, Munich, and other famous cities. Between each stop, you can enjoy the passing scenery as your motorcoach traverses the European countryside. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK)
- Round-trip airport transfers
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Novotel Hotel London West or similar
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Hotel NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol, or similar in Amsterdam area
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Dorint Hotel Köln Junkersdorf, Hotel Zum Anker Andernach, Ramada Bruehl-Koeln, or similar in Cologne area
- 1 night of standard accommodations at TRYP Munich City Center Hotel, Hotel Rivoli, or similar in Munich
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Hotel Mercure Venezia Marghera, Hotel Poppi, Hotel Antony Palace, or similar in Venice area
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Bellavista Palace Hotel or similar in Montecatini
- 1 night of standard accommodations at the Hotel Luzernerhof or similar in Lake Lucerne
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Hotel Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boulogne, Holiday Inn Express Paris - Canal De La Villette, or similar in Paris
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Four dinners
- Host service in London
- Services of a professional travel director (starting after your stay in London)
- City sightseeing with a local guide in Amsterdam, Florence and Paris
- Sightseeing visits to Rothenburg, Innsbruck, Venice, Montecatini, Lugano and Lucerne
- Transportation by private first-class air-conditioned motorcoach
- English Channel ferry transportation
- Hotel tips, taxes, porterage and service charges
- Click here to see specific date availability
Days 1: Flight
- Flight time: approximately 7.5 hours from New York
Days 2–3: Arrive in London
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the city with a ride on the London Eye, a Ferris wheel that takes you 440 feet into the air. On a clear day, you can see roughly 25 miles.
- Grab a pint at a neighborhood pub—London has approximately 7,000 of them.
- Explore London at your leisure, with free time built in to the schedule.
Days 3–4: Amsterdam
- Cross the English Channel by ferry to get to Amsterdam, where you’ll be treated to a canal cruise.
- The Van Gogh Museum boasts the world’s most extensive collection of paintings by the famous Dutch-born artist, along with early sketches and letters. Other works spotlight Toulouse-Lautrec and Gauguin.
- Night on the town: Head to Leiden Square, an entertainment center home to hundreds of bars, clubs, and restaurants.
Days 4–5: Cologne
- The Romantic Road: You’ll drive along this famous country road, passing medieval towns and houses that look like they were plucked from a fairy tale.
- Cologne Cathedral dates back to the 13th century. You can’t miss its ornate twin spires.
- Head to Old Town to sip kölsch (a regional specialty brew) in a beer hall.
Days 5–6: Munich
- Stop in Rothenburg on the way to Munich. It’s a well-preserved medieval town of cobblestone streets and colorful A-frame buildings.
- Nymphenburg Palace: Inside, you’ll find royal portraits and elaborate frescoes. Outside, swans glide on placid lakes and statues dot beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Eat like a local: Top off a hearty meal of Bavarian meatballs or roasted pork knuckle with a bowl of wheat-beer sorbet at one of Munich’s many brauhauses.
Days 6–7: Venice
- Ride a gondola through Venice’s famed canals and past Venetian-Gothic architecture during your city tour. Afterward, you’ll see Venetian glassblowers create delicate wares in a centuries-old fashion.
- St. Mark’s Square: Stop to feed the many pigeons in Venice’s largest square. Casino Royale and The Italian Job are just a couple of the movies that were filmed at this famous spot.
- Doge’s Palace: Once the residence of the city’s supreme ruler, this 14th-century Venetian Gothic icon today serves as a museum celebrating Venice’s history and culture.
Days 7–9: Florence and Montecatini
- Walking tour of Florence: Explore the “Cradle of the Renaissance,” admiring the sculptures of Signoria Square and the iconic red dome of the Florence Cathedral.
- Healing waters have drawn tourists to the spa town of Montecatini since the 16th century. Bathe in the Tettuccio waters—they’re rumored to detoxify the liver and lower cholesterol.
- Montecatini Alto: An old-fashioned red cable car chugs up the hillside to this rustic village, where you can see a medieval castle or stop at a sidewalk cafe for a cialde, a waffle-like baked treat.
Days 9–10: Lucerne
- Take a walk to admire the town’s lakefront promenades and colorful homes.
- Sammlung Rosengart Museum, founded by an art dealer and friend of Pablo Picasso, houses numerous works by the Spanish master and contemporaries Cézanne, Kandinsky, Matisse, and Monet.
- Lion Monument: Carved into the face of a cliff, it’s “the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world,” according to Mark Twain.
Days 10–13: Paris and Departure
- Admire impressionist art by Claude Monet, Pierre Auguste Renoir, and Vincent van Gogh at the Musée d’Orsay, housed in a stunning turn-of-the-century Beaux Arts railway station.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral: This 12th-century church towers over the Seine and marks Paris’s unofficial center. Its Gothic spires and gargoyles were immortalized in Victor Hugo’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Return to the United States after breakfast on day 13.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Children under the age of 8 are unable to participate. All travelers are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.
7. Can I purchase this deal without airfare? No. This deal is air inclusive and this package cannot be booked without airfare.
- Promotional value expires Mar 18, 2016. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 3/18/16 or promo value expires.Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple additional as gifts
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price unless Great Value Vacations travel insurance is purchased; insurance cost is 9% of trip cost (including add-ons purchased at time of booking)
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18 or older to check in, 8 or older to travel
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $700 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About 13-Day Europe Tour with Airfare from Great Value Vacations
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK) is included; alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.