5-Star Adare Manor Villas near Centuries-Old Castles
This 8-day vacation from Great Value Vacations takes you to County Limerick in southwest Ireland, where you'll stay 6 nights at Adare Manor in Adare village. You'll have the chance to explore Ireland's villages, cities, and lush green countryside with an open agenda and an included rental car.
This vacation, based on four people traveling together, includes:
- Round-trip airfare to Dublin (if applicable; click here for pricing for round-trip airfare to Shannon airport)
- 6 nights' accommodations in a private three-bedroom villa
- Manual-shift car rental for the duration of your trip (automatic is available for upgrade; inquire at time of booking)
For an additional $99 per person, travelers will receive:
- Three breakfasts at Adare Manor's Carriage House Restaurant
- Three breakfasts at Adare Heritage Centre
- Tour of House of Waterford Crystal
- Admission to Cliffs of Moher
Luxury Estate Close to Limerick
Set on 840 green acres and featuring a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., Adare Manor is a luxurious home base for your explorations around Ireland. Your private three-bedroom villa is a 15-minute walk from the manor house and features a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen TVs in each bedroom, and a washing machine and dryer. There's plenty to see within an easy drive, including the 5-mile-long Cliffs of Moher and famous, 600-year-old Blarney Castle. Here are some of our other recommendations for visiting Ireland:
Thatched cottages and ancient stone churches line the streets of Adare, a village near the banks of the River Maigue that dates back to 1200 AD. Get to know the hamlet at the Adare Heritage Centre, where you can browse local handicrafts and sign up for a historical tour.
(20-minute drive from Adare Manor)
- Must-see attraction: the 13th-century King John's Castle, overlooking the River Shannon
- Literary connections: Take a two-hour Angela's Ashes-themed walking tour that includes stops at several places mentioned in Frank McCourt's memoir, including Windmill Street, Leamy’s National School, and South’s pub.
(75-minute drive from Adare Manor)
- City showpiece: Killarney National Park boasts lakes, castle ruins, elaborate gardens, and Ireland’s tallest mountains; take a horse-and-buggy tour of the more remote areas.
- Once-in-a-lifetime drive: The Ring of Kerry loops around the southwestern peninsula, passing scenic beaches and ancient monuments.
(90-minute drive from Adare Manor)
- Must-see attraction: The 800-year-old Kilkenny Castle features stained-glass windows and carved stone tombstones.
- Souvenir shopping: At Kilkenny Design Centre, you'll find artwork and collectible crafts such as wool blankets from John Hanly and cutting boards from Bunbury.
(2.5-hour drive from Adare Manor)
- Must-see attraction: The Book of Kells; this medieval book depicts the four Gospels of the New Testament in stunningly detailed illustrations and calligraphy. It’s believed to date back to 800 AD, and is now on permanent display at the Old Library at Trinity College.
- Have a Guinness: The Irish dry stout is just better here. It’s also full of iron, has fewer calories than almost any other beer, and is on tap virtually everywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.