What You Get
9 options available, including departures in June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, and March from JFK, BOS, and ORD.
Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $500 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 5/26/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations will result in fee of Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Rental car insurance surcharge of €30 per day plus tax applies for ages 21–23.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Explore the Quaint Villages of Ireland
This 8-day vacation from Great Value Vacations takes you to four small villages scattered across Ireland—Killenard, Adare, Castlebar, and Killiney. You’ll get to explore these villages and more as you make your way across the country in a manual-shift rental car. The vacation, based on two people traveling together, includes:
- Round-trip airfare to Dublin from JFK, BOS, or ORD
- 1-night stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort in Killenard
- 2-night stay with breakfast at Fitzgerald Woodland’s House Hotel & Spa in Adare
- 2-night stay at Breaffy House Hotel in Castlebar
- 1-night stay at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killiney
- Manual shift economy car rental
- For an additional $99, travelers will receive daily breakfast, a tour of Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, and admission to Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle (a $140 value per person).
- For an additional $200 per person, travelers can extend the trip by two nights, which includes one additional night at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort, one additional night at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, and extended car rental.
Day 1: USA to Dublin
flight time: 7–8 hours
Day 2: Killenard
Killenard lies about an hour west of Dublin. The village is tiny—you could walk the length in 10 minutes flat—but there are a few spots worth checking out. One spot, known as Windmill Hill, holds the ruins of a 16th-century windmill and a 19th-century church that still holds services. It’s also worth it to spend a few hours in Dublin, where you can see the ancient Book of Kells at the Trinity College Library, tour the Guinness Storehouse, or just enjoy a pint at one of the city’s 1,000 local pubs.
- Where you’ll stay: Located about an hour outside of the city, The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort boasts upscale restaurants, a spa, and an 18-hole golf course.
- What’s nearby: Drive to the village of Portarlington to see the remains of the 13th-century Lea Castle and stroll through a charming downtown lined with French Huguenot homes.
Days 3–4: Adare
driving time from Dublin: 2.5 hours
Thatched cottages and ancient stone churches line the streets of Adare, located near the banks of the River Maigue. Get to know the village at the Adare Heritage Center, where you can browse local handicrafts and sign up for a historical tour. You might also want to drive 20 minutes into Limerick to visit a 13th-century castle or stroll along the River Shannon.
- Where you’ll stay: Fitzgerald Woodland’s House Hotel & Spa is a 5-minute drive from the village and comprises a restaurant and lounge, an indoor pool, and a day spa with an outdoor whirlpool and a Turkish Rasul chamber.
- What’s nearby: The 18-hole Adare Manor Golf Club is right across the street.
Days 5–6: Castlebar
driving time from Adare: 2.5 hours
Castlebar has numerous opportunities for walkers and hikers. Mayo Memorial Peace Park is a nice spot for a stroll down tree-lined walkways; the memorial contains the names of more than 1,100 citizens of the surrounding Mayo County who were killed in WWI. For a more rugged trek head to the scenic trails surrounding Louch Lannagh. These wend past lush grasslands and beaches inhabited by shorebirds.
- Where you’ll stay: Set on 90 wooded acres, Breaffy House Hotel is a secluded getaway with an indoor pool and hot tub, sauna, and steam room and an eatery that serves traditional Irish fare.
- What’s nearby: The National Museum of Ireland – Country Life is a couple of miles outside of town. The museum’s collections showcase the traditional lifestyle of 1850 Ireland.
Day 7: Killiney
driving time from Castlebar: 3 hours
Killiney is located just south of Dublin on the shores of the Irish Sea. You can get great views of both the sea and the surrounding countryside at the top of Killiney Hill, a short walk from the village. Killiney Beach is also a nice spot to enjoy the water—the half-mile-long beach has areas for swimming and fishing.
- Where you’ll stay: Parts of the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel have stood since 1740, when it served as a private residence. Today, the hotel features a Scandinavian wood sauna and steam room and a 66-foot indoor swimming pool.
- What’s nearby: Catch a ferry to Dalkey Island, an uninhabited isle with archeological sites that date back as far as the Mesolithic or Middle Stone Age.
Day 8: Dublin to USA
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires May 26, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 5/26/14 or promo value expires
- 1/person, +unlimited as gifts
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- Additional fees may apply for some departure dates
- All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price unless Great Value Vacations travel insurance is purchased; insurance cost is 8% of trip cost and includes cancellation coverage
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in; must be 21+ to rent car
- Insurance surcharge of €30 per day plus tax applies for ages 21-23
- CDW full collision damage waiver available for a discount
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $500 fee to travel solo
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Small Village Ireland Vacation with Airfare
- Round-trip airfare included from JFK, BOS, and ORD; alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.