Escorted Tour of Ireland's Historic Cities and Countryside with a Professional Driver and Guide
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK, BOS, or ORD
- A professional luxury motorcoach with services of a professional driver and guide
- 1 night at Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny
- 2 nights at Killarney Towers Hotel in Killarney
- 1 night at Maldron Cardiff Lane in Dublin
Day 1: Fly overnight from US to Dublin.
Day 2: Kilkenny
Your driver will bring you to Kilkenny, an inland medieval city, early in the morning on Day 2.
- Kilkenny Castle: Located five minutes from the hotel features stained glass windows and carved stone tombstones
- Creative hub: Kilkenny Design Centre sells artisan wares such as wool blankets by John Hanly and Bunbury cutting boards.
Accommodations: The 4-star Newpark Hotel
Day 3: Blarney, Killarney
During a drive south to County Cork, you can stop by the Blarney Castle where the legendary Blarney stone is said to grant the gift of eloquence to all those who kiss it.
- Souvenir shopping: Stock up on sweaters at Blarney Woollen Mills, a 40,000-square-foot retail store in one of the country’s oldest wool mill
- Killarny National Park contains more than 25,000 acres of waterfalls, lakes, and deep green mountainsides.
Accommodations: The 3-star Killarney Towers Hotel
Day 4: Ring of Kerry
Today your driver will escort you around Iveragh Peninsula, better known as The Ring of Kerry. The landscape is a mix of mountains, valleys, lakes, and seas, making it a lovely backdrop for the two-hour-or-so drive.
- Sneem: This cozy village, with its gift shops, pubs, and sculpture parks, is a great place to stop for lunch.
- Moll’s Gap offers some of the road’s best views of famous landmarks such as MacGillycuddy’s Reeks and the surrounding lakes.
Day 5: Killarney, Cashel, Dublin
You’ll have the chance to visit some of the country’s most picturesque villages on your early morning drive to Dublin.
- The Rock of Cashel: Set high on a limestone outcrop, this sprawling abbey—originally a castle—looms over the town with a High Cross and Romanesque chapel, and a 12th-century round tower.
- Giddy-Up: Curragh, Ireland’s equestrian capital, is home to sleek thoroughbreds, lavish country estates, and the annual Irish Derby; you’ll pass through on your drive.
- Drink like a local in Dublin: Choose from more than 100 whiskeys at Bowes Lounge or grab a cozy corner at John Kehoe’s
Day 6: Depart from Dublin for the US.
Your flight will arrive to your destination the same day.
Accommodations: The 4-star Maldron Cardiff Lane