8-Day Tuscany Countryside Experience
On this vacation, you can explore the stunning Italian countryside before spending a night in the stylish city of Milan. You’ll have a rental car and a wide-open itinerary, so you can explore the breathtaking vistas and rich cuisine of Tuscany at your leisure. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), or Chicago (ORD)
- Manual-shift economy car rental for duration of trip
- 5 nights of standard accommodations at Hotel Montebello in Montecatini
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto Hotel in Milan
- Daily breakfast
Day 1: Depart for Italy
You’ll spend the majority of Day 1 traveling from New York, Boston, or Chicago to Italy. The flight takes 8–10 hours, depending on which city you depart from.
Days 2–6: Montecatini, Tuscany
After landing in Milan, you’ll pick up your rental car and drive to your hotel in Montecatini, Tuscany, where you’ll spend the next 5 nights.
Travelers have sought out Montecatini’s lush green hillsides for hundreds of years, finding solace in the waters of its terme, or spas. Legend has it you can recover from overindulging in Tuscany’s famous red wines by drinking from the opulent Terme Tettuccio. The wine scene here is not to be missed: its history dates back to the 8th century BC, the the region’s rolling hills are dotted with vineyards.
- Drive from the airport: about 3.5 hours
- Accommodations: Hotel Montebello
- Take a cable car up the mountainside to the old-fashioned hamlet of Montecatini Alto, which has charming sidewalk cafes and a castle that dates back to medieval times.
- Explore steamy underground caverns in Monsummano Terme, a small commune just a few miles from the heart of Montecatini.
- See the Leaning Tower: Pisa, home to the famous Leaning Tower and numerous churches and palaces, is about 50 kilometers (31 mi) from your hotel, making for an easy day trip.
- Visit Florence: The birthplace of the Italian Renaissance is just a 52-kilometer (32-mile) drive away. A tour of Florence can be added to your trip by purchasing the upgrade.
- Upgrade available: You can upgrade to a day tour of Florence with wine tasting at Castello di Meleto for an extra $125 per person.
Note – For an extra $150 per person, you can extend your stay in Montecatini an extra 2 nights.
Day 7: Milan, Lombardy
This chic city, where style icons such as Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace got their start, is legendary for its sense of fashion. You’ll spend the last night of your trip here.
- Accommodations: Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto Hotel
- If you have time: Head to the 15th-century Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie to see da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
Day 8: Return to the United States
On Day 8, you’ll return your rental car at the airport and board your flight back to New York, Boston, or Chicago.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Purchase the JFK option and then call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.