Due to popular demand, the follow dates are now sold out: 9/20 and 9/30
8-Day Vacation in Madrid and Barcelona
You’ll have lots of free time on this 8-day vacation to explore Spain’s two largest cities, Madrid and Barcelona. The trip begins with a flight into Madrid, and it departs from Barcelona, and it includes dates in September and October, where the weather is typically ideal for taking in the sights. The vacation includes:
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (JFK)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at 4-star Hotel Tryp Atocha Madrid City or Hotel Agumar (depending on availability)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the 4-star Hotel Tryp Condal Mar Barcelona City
- Train from Madrid to Barcelona
- Daily breakfast
- Available $125 per person upgrade, which includes the Madrid City, Royal Palace, and Barcelona highlights classic city tours
As Spain’s capital and largest city, Madrid sits smack dab in the center of the country—the city’s Puerto del Sol is the center of the Spanish road system. The sophisticated metropolis is renowned throughout the continent for its art museums, landscaped parks, and sprawling open-air plazas. You can even catch a traditional bullfight at the Plaza Toros Ventas.
- Spend a lazy afternoon amid the fountains and gardens of Retiro Park, a massive urban park that was created for the royal family—now, it’s open to the public.
- Admire art at the Prado museum, the Spanish answer to the Louvre that is brimming with Spanish masterpieces, including work from El Greco, Velázquez, and Goya.
- Experience royalty on a tour of the stately Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Shop ‘til you drop at El Rastro, an open-air flea market open Sunday mornings; vendors sell clothing, antiques, jewelry, and more.
Northeast of Madrid in the autonomous region of Catalonia, Barcelona hugs the Mediterranean Sea. This city is like the quirky and hip younger sister to Madrid. Take a stroll down La Rambla, a central tree-lined thoroughfare, for top-notch people-watching at all hours of the day, then head off into the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter) for live music and trendy bars. Cap off your visit with a trip to one of the city’s beaches. Near the sea, you can also tour some of the venues from the 1992 Summer Olympics.
- Witness history in the making at La Sagrada Familia, a whimsical Antoni Gaudi-designed cathedral that has slowly taken shape over 130 years; it’s estimated to be finished by 2026.
- Bring your camera to Parc Guell, a fantastical garden filled with colorful architecture covered in thousands of mosaic tiles. The park is another masterpiece from Antoni Gaudi.
- Blend in like a local by cheering on Lionel Messi and Futbol Club Barcelona at a local bar; the team’s colors are scarlet and blue.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Chocolate Museum, where intricate artwork is carved entirely from blocks of cocoa. Admission tickets are made of—what else—a square of chocolate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.