8-Day Vacation in Portugal’s Wine Regions
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- New York (JFK)
- Boston (BOS)
- Washington, DC (IAD)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Manual Economy car rental for the duration of the trip (upgrades available)
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Eurostars Das Artes Hotel or similar in Porto
- 2 nights of accommodations at Douro Palace Hotel Resort & Spa or similar in Santa Cruz do Douro Douro
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hotel Lisboa Plaza or similar in Lisbon
- Click here to check for availability
Attractions & Meals
- Porto river cruise and wine cellar visit
- Douro Quinta visit and wine tasting
- Daily breakfast
Ideas for Your Vacation
Fodor’s named Portugal’s Douro Valley 1 of the World’s 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers, praising the small-production wines from the region’s quintas. This 8-day trip lets you taste vino at two such estates and visit a wine cellar in the city of Porto—the home of port wine. The rest of the time is yours to explore Portugal using your included Economy rental car.
Sip a glass of port made from grapes grown in the local Douro region.
- Climb to the top of Belem Tower for panoramic views of Lisbon’s harbor. Built in 1515, the tower was the starting point for ocean voyages in the 16th century and beyond.
- Ribeira: Porto’s historic district, once a busy commercial center in the Middle Ages, is a prime people-watching spot as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Best spot for a night on the town: Bairro Alto in Lisbon, a hilltop district with dozens of restaurants and bars playing jazz, electronica, and local fado music, a melancholy guitar music that’s distinctive to Portugal.
Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; all travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a voucher
- Booking optional tours and upgrades