What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the voucher deal page.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $500 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: City tax not included.
- Additional fees: Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: Euro
- Buy one voucher per person.
Great Value Vacations: 75,000+ of our travelers served since 2011.
8- or 10-Day Vacation on the Amalfi Coast and in Rome
You can marvel at Italy’s gorgeous Amalfi Coast and take snapshots of Rome’s iconic sights at your own pace during this 8- or 10-day vacation from Great Value Vacations. This trip includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from (multiple airports)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- New York (JFK)
- Washington, DC (IAD)
- Manual shift economy car for vacation duration
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Gardenia Hotel or similar in Sorrento
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hotel Midas or similar in Rome
- Daily breakfast
Hotels (8 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 5 nights of accommodations at Gardenia Hotel or similar in Sorrento
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hotel Midas or similar in Rome
- Daily breakfast
Your Italian vacation begins with 4 or 5 nights along southern Italy’s Amalfi Coast, a scenic 43-mile-long stretch of coastline that Fodor’s praises as “gigglingly gorgeous.” Here, colorful historic villages such as Positano and Vietri sul Mare cling to craggy cliffs above the Mediterranean Sea. This is where Italians go to play, just as they have for centuries.
- Villa Cimbrone: Explore these British-style public gardens in Ravello, a medieval-era town southwest of Sorrento.
- Recommended day trip: Pompeii—the town that was preserved in ash after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.
- Relax on an island: Capri is another must-see. It features luxury boutiques, a scenic coastal chairlift, and Grotta Azzurra—a cave filled with aquamarine-hued water, accessible by boat.
Rome is chock-full of must-see attractions, from Vatican City to the ruins of the Roman Forum, where Mark Antony eulogized Julius Caesar after his assassination. Trying to see and do it all can be overwhelming, so pencil some downtime into your itinerary. Much of Rome’s charm lies in wandering its winding cobblestone streets and stumbling upon unexpected sights. Be sure to toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain; according to legend, doing so guarantees your return to Rome.
- Take a guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica: It’ll cost you a couple of extra euros, but it’s worth it to learn about the magnificent sculptures and symbolic architecture around every corner in the largest church in Christendom.
- Browse ancient art including Renaissance- and Antiquities-era sculptures at the Galleria Borghese, housed in a 17th-century villa. Make a reservation before your trip; the museum only admits a certain number of people per hour, allowing for a more intimate experience with its art.
- Go to the Colosseum first thing in the morning to beat the crowds. Pick up an audio wand and take a self-guided tour of the ancient arena where gladiators—and a menagerie of wild animals—once battled to the death.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Great Value Vacations contact and redemption instructions. Book by 11/20/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $500 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Visit landing page for current pricing from the gateway of your choice. Or, call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for assistance.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, visit landing page for the most up-to date availability. Use interactive calendar to select a departure date. Or, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for assistance.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Great Value Vacations for details.
7. Can I purchase this deal without airfare?
No. This deal is air-inclusive and this package cannot be booked without airfare.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Nov 20, 2017. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 11/20/17 or promo value expires
- Limit 1 per person, may buy additional as gifts
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- Additional fees may apply for some departure dates
- All cancellations subject to fee up to voucher price unless Great Value Vacations travel insurance is purchased; insurance cost is 9% of trip cost (including add-ons purchased at time of booking)
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- $500 fee to travel solo
- City taxes are not included and payable only in destination to the hotel: 6EUR per person per night at Rome or similar, 1EUR per person per night in Hotel Gardenia.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.