Self-Guided Vacation Through Scotland and Ireland
You can create your own itinerary on this nine-day trip from Great Value Vacations, which offers a choice of accommodations throughout Scotland and Ireland. You’ll spend your first day in Edinburgh—where you’ll pick up your manual-shift rental car—and your last day in Dublin, but the rest of the itinerary is up to you. Choose from dozens of bed and breakfasts in cities across each country to build your ideal vacation.
Just book your reservations ahead of time on Great Value Vacations’ Scotland and Ireland booking sites, and then print vouchers to present when you arrive at each location. While every bed and breakfast is unique, all serve a daily breakfast with milk, coffee, and orange juice and breads, jams, and butter.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from three cities
- Manual-shift economy car rental
- One night at a hotel in Edinburgh
- Vouchers for three nights at select bed and breakfasts in Scotland
- Vouchers for three nights at select bed and breakfasts in Ireland
- One night at The Croke Park Hotel in Dublin
- Airfare from Edinburgh to Dublin<p>
Modern-day Edinburgh has a youthful vibe—it has some of the best nightlife in Scotland, as well as the University of Edinburgh, which has one of the largest student bodies in the country. But the city isn’t too far removed from its long and storied past. Old Town is filled with reminders of yesteryear, including cobblestone streets, narrow alleyways dating back to medieval times, and ornate churches. Edinburgh Castle is worth a visit; the 17th-century fortress houses the National War Museum and the Scottish Crown Jewels.
Spend the last day of the vacation in Dublin, a picturesque city sandwiched between the gray-blue waters of the Irish Sea and the emerald-green countryside. It’s home to the oldest university in Ireland, Trinity College, where you can stroll between historic buildings and see the ninth-century Book of Kells on display in the school’s library. There’s also a lively bar scene here—the city has more than 1,000 pubs where you can enjoy pints of a locally brewed Guinness.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee. You can arrange this over the phone with Great Value Vacations when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if my desired travel dates are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my desired travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.