Hotel at a Glance: GreenLagoon Falls Park & Lodge
GreenLagoon Falls Park & Lodge, a 2013 winner of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence, occupies 400 acres in the lush mountains of central Costa Rica. Its private trails lead to a lagoon in the crater of an extinct volcano, and its wildlife and rainforest preserve earned it a Certificate of Sustainable Tourism from the Costa Rican Tourism Institute. As a guest of the resort, you’ll enjoy complimentary access to the entire glorious expanse. Choose one of the options with an included eco-tour or spa visit for a birdwatching tour, night jungle experience, photo tour, water tour, volcano hike, or GreenLagoon massage therapy.
- Gorgeous accommodations in villa family suites feature glass walls and jacuzzis with 360-degree views. Standard rooms
- Explore the rainforest via canopy ziplining, whitewater rafting, and safari river-float adventures, available from the lodge’s tour desk.
- Notable neighbors include La Fortuna Waterfall, Cerro Chato Volcano, and Arenal Volcano. Guests enjoy free admission to Cerro Chato ANC Park & Gardens.
- Splash around in an outdoor pool and five natural springs.
- Dine locally at the onsite Natura Restaurant, which takes ingredients from its own 18-acre sustainable farm.
- Indulge in a body treatment at the lodge’s full-service spa.
- Eco-tour or spa visit are included with several options. With six available choices, guests can birdwatch across 400 hectares, experience the jungle at night, or hike around a volcano.
La Fortuna, Costa Rica: Arenal Volcano, Soothing Hot Springs, and Exotic Birds
Until very recently, Arenal was Costa Rica’s most active volcano. It’s dormant now, but the surrounding region is no less stunning, with hiking trails, fertile rainforests, whitewater rapids for kayaking, and a lake that's perfect for watersports. And many tourists still come to see the volcano, which punctuates the varied topography of Arenal Volcano National Park.
The park contains a diverse ecosystem near the center of Costa Rica. Birders come here from all over the world to glimpse some 850 species of feathery friends, including the rare and striking Resplendent Quetzal. The rich landscape is marked by waterfalls and a few rivers ideal for whitewater rafting, most notably Rio Toro. The park is also a prime spot to take a scenic hike through dense cloud forest by way of hanging bridges.
A more rugged trek awaits at Sendero Coladas, or Lava Flow Trail, which leads to a field of jagged volcanic rock that formed after the eruption decades ago. Due to its continuous geothermal activity, the park is also home to a number of natural hot springs. These therapeutic springs are a nice spot to unwind after a hike or a sing-off with a howler monkey.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airports to fly in/out of are Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport in Guanacaste that is 96 miles away(airport code: LIR) or Juan Santamaría International Airport in San Jose that is 81 miles away(airport code: SJO). There is a safe public bus that travels from these airports to La Fortuna. You may make arrangements for this type of transportation in advance. The merchant recommends InterbusOnLine and their web site is www.InterbusOnLine.Com. Rental cars are also available at the airport.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy of the Standard Room is 2 adults; however, the option for a Villa Family Suite allows two adults and two kids. Above these standards additional guests may be added for $20 per night plus taxes for 1 additional guest 12 or older; $10 per night plus taxes for 1 additional guest 6–11 years old; no charge for 1 guest 5 or younger
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Latin America and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are not required at the Tiki Grill and Bar or the GreenLagoon Natura Restaurant; the dress code is casual at both restaurants