Grey Eagle Resort & Casino
Slot machines stretch from wall to wall inside Grey Eagle Resort & Casino; there are more than 800 of them. Head to the center of the casino to find blackjack, roulette, and other table games. You can also play high-stakes games of Ultimate Texas Hold’em in the 24-hour poker room. This getaway includes a $20 casino credit, so you can try your luck at any of the games.
- Guest rooms feature modern decor, walk-in showers, work desks with ergonomic chairs, and crisp, white marble bathrooms.
- Start the day right with a complimentary deluxe breakfast.
- Steak and seafood anchor the menu at Blaze Bar and Grill, an upscale eatery with a full bar.
- All-you-can-eat crab legs, shrimp, and mussels at the Thursday night seafood buffet
- Ways to unwind: take a swim in the indoor pool or outdoor hot tub; grab a drink at one of the onsite bars; see a live performance at the Grey Eagle Event Centre; or stroll through North and South Glenmore Parks, just south of the resort.
- Romantic perks: Some of this deal’s options include lunch and dinner for two, as well as champagne and chocolates.
Calgary, Alberta: Glitzy City at the Base of the Canadian Rockies
After oil reserves were discovered in 1947, things around Calgary changed in a hurry. The city’s quaint downtown sprouted skyscrapers, and more than half a million new residents arrived to claim their piece of the pie. Later, the 1988 Winter Olympics made Calgary a household name. You can learn more about C-Town’s recent history at the popular Glenbow Museum.
Today’s Calgary is glitzy and modern—it’s been called the North American Dubai. A prized location at the base of the Canadian Rockies means outdoor adventures in Banff, Lake Louise, and Canmore are a quick drive away. There’s lots of nature to enjoy in town, too. The Calgary Zoo, which houses 120 species in enclosures inspired by the animals’ natural habitats, is a good place to start.