Mission-Style Boutique Hotel on Mexico's Quiet Pacific Coast
About 40 miles north of rowdy Cabo San Lucas, Los Cerritos Beach's sparsely populated, white-sand coast shows a quieter side of the Baja California Sur peninsula. Here, Hacienda Cerritos boutique hotel sits atop a private ocean-side bluff, its marigold façade and mission-style design evoking a traditional hacienda. Everything from the massive, hand-carved wooden doors to the courtyard’s traditional fountains suggests the history and grandeur of old Mexico. Climb up the spiral staircase to the hotel's turret for panoramic views of Los Cerritos Beach, one of the only swimmable and surfable beaches on the Pacific side of the peninsula. The crescent-shaped stretch of sand attracts surfers and celebrities looking to enjoy the spot's steady swells.
White lounger beds surround the resort's outdoor pool, which features a swim-up bar where up to 18 patrons or a flock of thirsty pelicans can grab drinks. At nearby Cerritos Beach Club, surf instructors teach lessons throughout the day. After hanging ten, guests can pop into the Beach Club restaurant for meals. On Sundays, the club hosts live music.
North and south terrace suites feature large, private patios and showers with Mexican tiles. Inside each unit, you’ll find traditional decor such as woodwork, leather furnishings, and floors inlaid with terra-cotta-colored tiles.
Highlights of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur
- Los Cerritos Beach: Thanks to the wide shore, you can zip around the sand on ATVs or horseback without disturbing sunbathers. Jet skiing and kayaking are also popular pastimes.
- Todos Santos: Founded in 1724, this seaside village grew as a sugar-cane production center before farmers began growing poblano chilies, avocados, papayas, and mangos here. In the last decade, Todos Santos has become a creative hub for artists, who sell sculptures, paintings, and other works in the town's boutiques and galleries.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? By plane: about 64 miles (103 km) from Manuel Márquez de León International Airport (LAP); about 65 miles (105 km) from Los Cabos International Airport (SJD). By car: about 40 miles (64 km) northwest of Cabo San Lucas
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The maximum occupancy for the available suites is 2.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Mexico and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? There are no resort credits included with this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? There is no on-site restaurant, but the world-famous Cerritos Beach Club is steps away from the property.