Hotel at a Glance: Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Winter in Lake Geneva means sledding down rolling hills, ice skating on a manmade rink, and cross-country skiing along Big Foot Beach. During the holiday season, downtown twinkles with elaborate light displays while horse-drawn carriages parade past charming shops. Located right on Geneva Lake and a few minutes' walk from Main Street, Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva gives guests convenient access to all the winter fun.
- Park-view guest rooms overlook scenic Seminary Park and come equipped with wet bars, microwaves, and flat-screen TVs.
- Feast on Chicago-style pizza at Gino’s East, which is connected to the hotel.
- Go swimming in the heated indoor pool, which has panoramic views of the lake.
- The free continental breakfast includes waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, orange juice, coffee, and milk.
- Take a sleigh ride through the snowy woodlands (the hotel can make reservations upon request).
- Have a romantic night in with an in-room movie, chocolates, and two glasses of wine, all of which are included with the 1-night options.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions, Historical Museums, Sledding, and Skiing
Located within a 90-minute drive from Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, Lake Geneva has become one of the Midwest’s most popular destinations for recreation. In the winter, outdoor activities range from sledding and snowshoeing in Big Foot Beach State Park to ice-fishing on Geneva Lake. There's also plenty to do indoors. The Geneva Lake Museum takes visitors back in time with re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops, and the 1897-era Yerkes Observatory is home to the world's largest refracting telescope.
On mild days, you can admire the scenery by taking a stroll through the Geneva Lake Shore Path. This 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers stretches around the entire lake and offers views of historic sites and multimillion-dollar mansions, which helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West.”