Getaway at a Glance: Heartland Spa & Fitness Resort
Located on 32 acres of pastures and woodland about 90 miles from Chicago, the Heartland Spa & Fitness Resort is an award-winning fitness and recreation resort. Every Groupon option includes nightly accommodations, three low-fat, nutritious meals and two snacks per day, all classes and activities, including Heartland lectures, and use of their facilities, robes, and workout clothes.
Options 3 and 4 include a 40-minute massage and an option for a private single-person room.
Options 5 and 6 are for the resort's unBootCamp package, which includes personal nutrition and fitness counseling, a resting metabolic measurement, a fitness assessment, life coaching, and four 40-minute body massages.
High-Powered Fitness Classes and Activities
Participants of all ability and fitness levels can find a class that is best-suited for them. Classes take place in their state-of-the-art fitness facility stocked with high-end Kaiser equipment and a 48-foot heated indoor pool. During the warmer months, you can explore the grounds on outdoor trails or in a paddleboat.
- Cardio kickboxing: Work on your fitness and your leg sweep at the same time
- Aqua Motion: Hit the pool for a low-impact workout that uses water resistance.
- Smart Moves with Dumbbells: Build strength using dumbbells
Relaxing Spa Treatments
The resort's full-service spa offers a wide variety of treatments, from facials and massages to manicure, hair treatments, and waxing.
- Heated bamboo massage: A skilled therapist uses warm bamboo to soothe muscles during a deep-tissue massage treatment.
- Honey-mud facial: Rejuvenate your face with a luxurious mud masque made from natural mineral clays blended with honey.
- Sea-salt body scrub: This exfoliation treatment uses pure salt and warm oils to create glowing skin.
Nutritious and Delicious Meals
During your stay, you'll enjoy three low-fat, tasty meals and two snacks each day. Dietary restrictions and needs will be assessed upon arrival, and the chef or an assistant will explain why certain ingredients were chosen. If you like what you eat, consider purchasing the resort's own cookbook. This is what a typical day might look like, based off of their sample menu:
- Breakfast: Veggie egg-white frittata, peanut butter and banana muffins, and oatmeal
- Morning snack: Blackberry yogurt
- Lunch: Spinach turkey wrap with chips and salsa
- Afternoon snack: Apple cookie
- Dinner: Asparagus and leek soup, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled chili salmon with sweet pepper salsa, and cheesecake