Hotel at a Glance: Hermosa Cove Villa Resort & Suites
Jamaica’s Hermosa Cove Villa Resort & Suites is made up of nine Caribbean-style villas, each situated less than 100 steps from the beach. In addition to a private pool and outdoor dining area, each bungalow has its own unique feature, whether it’s a tree-hung hammock, an Asian sculpture collection, or gingerbread trim. With fully stocked kitchens and concierge services, guests never have to leave their villas. Most, however, wander out to drink cocktails at Isabella’s Rum Bar or to explore Ocho Rios' town center.
- Locally sourced gourmet dishes at Christopher’s restaurant include pimiento-smoked beef tenderloin and callaloo with scotch bonnet drizzle.
- Red Stripe, fresh lobster, and Weber grills are just some of the items that can be stocked in the kitchen for your arrival.
- The snorkeling instructor can provide you with gear for exploring the coral reef.
- Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor visited the property in the 1940s.
- A royal sendoff: The staff will plant a fruit tree in your honor when you leave.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica: Famed Waterfall and World-Class Shopping
Located within the parish of St. Ann on Jamaica's north coast, Ocho Rios is best known for Dunn's River Falls, which served as a filming location for the first James Bond movie, Dr. No. Today, tour groups frolic at the bottom of the waterfall or make the 600-foot climb to the top, typically achieved by linking hands and being carefully led by a local guide.
There’s a host of things to see below the ocean’s surface, too. Dive sites, such as Devil's Reef, contain anemones, coral, algae, barracuda, and the Miami Marlins baseball squad practicing in its natural habitat. For a look at Jamaica’s rainforest, drive south of Ocho Rios to Fern Gully, a gorge shaded by a canopy of ferns, trees, and lianas.