Property at a Glance: Hocking Hills Cabins
Hocking Hills Cabins are sheltered in quiet woodlands right in the midst of Ohio’s scenic Hocking Hills. You can enjoy the best views from your covered front porch—it’s outfitted with a private hot tub and a swing or rocking chair. Honeymooner and Anniversary cabins are a stone’s throw from the property’s rugged hiking trails and fishing pond. Head a few miles south to Hocking Hills State Park for even more outdoor adventure.
- Snuggle up by the fire: Cabins boast wood-burning fireplaces stocked with a bundle of firewood.
- Rose petals on the bed set the scene for romance. Other perks include chocolates, candles, and soft robes and slippers.
- Breakfast on the go featuring fresh fruit, muffins, OJ, coffee, and tea
- Homey amenities: full kitchen, satellite TV, DVD player, and fresh linens and towels
- Book a relaxing spa treatment such as a couple’s massage ($140 for 60 minutes or $200 for 90 minutes) or a Burt’s Bees facial ($60). Guests who purchase this Groupon will also receive $10 off on a couples massage or $25 off on a Cupid’s Service.
Hocking County, Ohio: Sandstone Cliffs, Waterfalls, and Gorges
Hocking County is less than an hour south of Columbus, but you wouldn’t know it for all the greenery. The region is home to three state parks as well as a portion of the Wayne National Forest. Hocking Hills State Park is the biggest draw, with more than 25 miles of hiking trails leading to sandstone cliffs, waterfalls, and yawning gorges. Hike a half mile to the remote Cantwell Cliffs or tackle the 6-mile Grandma Gatewood Trail to see three of the park’s most famous landmarks: Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, and Ash Cave.
Set in the middle of the county, Logan is the only major town for miles. You can visit the family restaurants and boutiques on Main Street and go fishing on Lake Logan, which teems with northern pike, catfish, and bass.