Hotel at a Glance: Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Spanning 41,000 square feet, this resort’s Cascades Indoor Waterpark offers something for every member of the family. Kids can zoom down three-story tube slides while parents unwind in the hot tub or watch toddlers splash around in the kiddie pool. Afterward, the whole group can refuel with pizza and burgers from the water park’s café. Waterpark passes are included with some of this deal’s options.
- Spacious suites feature full kitchens, TVs with DVD players, and fireplaces.
- Onsite dining: Acorn Grill serves hearty American food, including a kids’ menu. For adults, Bobcat Lounge pours local craft brews and seasonal cocktails. There’s even a cafe on the premises, which keeps guests fueled for days of adventures.
- For extreme fun: take a ride on The Nor’easter Mountain Coaster.
- Keep the fun going with games at the Starlight Arcade, such as skeeball and driving games.
- Take a break at the onsite Waterfalls Spa, where you can get a soothing aromatherapy massage.
- Fun in the snow: Select options of this Getaway include a learn-to-ski package for four or six.
New York’s Finger Lakes: Rolling Vineyards, Deep Gorges, and More than 1,000 Waterfalls
The Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York gets its name from 11 long, thin lakes that were forged by glaciers thousands of years ago. The upheaval created breathtaking geography—more than 1,000 waterfalls spill down the sides of the area’s famous rocky gorges. Fishing, boating, and hiking are its biggest draws—head to Watkins Glen State Park to follow a 2-mile trail past 19 waterfalls—along with more than 100 wineries.
Ithaca, which borders Cayuga Lake, is the region’s largest town. Come for the postcard-worthy views of Ithaca Falls, and stay for the small-town charm. Downtown Ithaca’s historical buildings house bistros, boutiques, and taverns that serve local wine from the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. This is also where you’ll find Cornell University, one of New York’s two Ivy League schools.