Top Reasons to Visit Hotel Frisco Colorado
- Built in the 1880s, this historic boutique hotel located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies has been voted Best Lodging in Summit County by Summit Daily News readers 8 out of the last 10 years.
- Five world-class ski resorts are located within 15 minutes of the hotel, including Breckenridge Ski Resort, Vail, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, and Copper Mountain.
- There’s plenty to do in this mountain region during springtime, from hiking and mountain biking through pine forests and wildflower meadows, fly-fishing in the Blue River, and sipping wine at dozens of nearby wineries.
- At the hotel’s lounge, you can sample craft beers and wines.
- Recently renovated guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, scenic mountain views, and alpine-inspired decor, such as knotted-wood furnishings or wall-mounted skis.
- The hotel is situated in historic downtown Frisco, which is lined with art galleries, boutiques, and family-friendly restaurants.
Frisco, Colorado: Historical Mountain Town near World-Class Skiing
Located 70 miles west of Denver and in the northern-central part of Colorado, Frisco is a small mining town that was incorporated in 1880. The little town is nicknamed “Main Street of the Rockies” for its proximity to the mountains and its quaint charm. At Frisco Historic Park & Museum, admission is free and you can stroll past a preserved log chapel. Check out the park’s schoolhouse museum, which is filled with old photographs of Frisco and artifacts from its past, such as vintage fashions.
Ten miles southeast of Frisco, you’ll find the famous ski town of Breckenridge. It’s known for Breckenridge Ski Resort, which has many runs and trails on four mountain slopes fit for skiers of all levels. Founded in 1859 during a gold rush, Breckenridge has main streets filled with handicraft shops and restaurants. The Breckenridge Heritage Alliance offers seven guided tours for visitors, among them a haunted tour of Breckenridge, a mine tour, and a saloon tour.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.