Top Reasons to Stay at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
- Thanks to the hotel’s location right off the I-10 Katy Freeway, you can reach downtown Houston in about 20 minutes.
- The outdoor pool deck has a fire pit and seating area.
- Convenient for business travelers, the hotel sits near the headquarters for major corporations such as Shell, ExxonMobil, and Mustang Engineering.
- The onsite Petroleum Grill serves Texas cuisine with a southwestern twist for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Next to the pool deck, there’s a full bar with an outdoor patio featuring a waterfall.
- From this spot in the city, you’ll have easy access to several area golf courses, as well as trails for walking and cycling.
Houston, Texas: Space History, Museums, and World-Class Dining in Nation’s Fourth-Largest City
As the nation’s fourth-largest city by population, Houston has established itself as one of the Gulf Coast’s most thriving cultural hubs. The city has 19 museums covering everything from history to art to science. For art lovers, the Menil Collection—which Frommer’s calls “one of the world’s great private collections”—is a must-see. Here, you’ll browse a wide array of 20th-century art from Jasper Johns, René Magritte, and Andy Warhol, as well as artifacts from Africa and the Pacific Islands.
You could spend an entire day exploring Houston’s science institutions. When Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell said his famous “Houston, we have a problem” line, he was talking to mission control at Space Center Houston. Visitors can tour the historic mission-control room and get a behind-the-scenes look at astronauts training for the International Space Station. In Hermann Park, The Health Museum exhibits a large-scale human body that you can enter to learn about how your organs operate.
For shopping, visit Uptown Park, an outdoor mall that brings to mind an Italian piazza through Romanesque columns, stone fountains, and open-air bistros with strings of twinkling lights. According to a Zagat survey, Houstonians dine out more than anyone else in the country, and this mall offers some of the city’s best eats, from sushi to Spanish tapas to creamy cupcakes.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.