All-Inclusive Resort Steps from Bávaro Beach
You could go an entire vacation without stepping foot outside IFA Villas Bávaro Resort & Spa, located in the seaside Dominican town of Punta Cana. The sprawling complex feels like a small city, but with palm trees instead of street posts, bars that you can swim up to, and a white-sand Caribbean beach just steps away. In addition to two pools, there are several bars (you’ll get unlimited drinks) and multiple restaurants serving everything from pizza to Asian cuisine. A mini market, a tennis court, and a discotheque add incentives to stay here and relax.
A paved stone path lined with swaying palm trees leads the way to each guest room. With blond-wood furnishings and large granite-tile bathrooms, the spacious rooms are simple but stylish. In the morning, you can head down to the restaurant Colibri for breakfast and then mosey barefoot to the beach, where complimentary kayaks and windsurfing equipment await. In the evening, reservations will land you a table at Caribe, the hotel’s gourmet restaurant, before the nightly entertainment kicks off at the theater and in the dance club.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as “a beautiful island paradise.” Punta Cana, located on the island’s easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day’s catch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of Punta Cana International Airport in Punta Cana (airport code: PUJ).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy of the deluxe room is 2 adults; however additional guests can be added for the following fees: Sept/Oct/Nov arrivals: $53/night for adults 13 and older and $38/night for kids 2-12; January arrivals: $86/night for adults 13 and older and $62/night for kids 2-12. Kids 2 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here