Hotel at a Glance: Inn at Cape Kiwanda
The Inn at Cape Kiwanda is located off Highway 101 on the Three Capes Scenic Drive, less than two hours west of Portland. It’s steps from the beach and features unparalleled views of Pacific City’s Haystack Rock, one of the world’s tallest offshore monoliths. Every room features an ocean view, and you can walk along the beach or borrow a complimentary beach-cruiser bike to pedal through this sleepy coastal town.
- Ocean-view rooms feature private balconies and gas fireplaces.
- Walk to the beach: It’s right across the street.
- Onsite brewpub: Pelican Pub & Brewery boasts an array of award-winning beers and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- Included add-ons: a $10 dining credit, a taster tray of beer at the Pelican, and a 22-ounce Pelican beer
- Get going in the morning with a coffee from the onsite Stimulus Espresso Cafe.
- Year-round whale watching on the Oregon coast
Pacific City, Oregon: Small Coastal Town with Outdoor Fun
Pacific City is a quaint town on the coast of Oregon, 60 minutes from Salem and less than two hours from Portland. There’s lots to do in this laid-back fishing village, especially if you like the outdoors. Pacific City pulls visitors in with its surfing, fishing, and kayaking opportunities, as well as its proximity to Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area. This state park has long expanses of clean beaches and miles of hiking trails, and it’s a popular place to catch a wave or go hang-gliding. Don’t miss a chance to go for a horseback ride along the coast near Bob Straub State Park, another popular outdoor destination, or to go crabbing on the sand. Pacific City also offers outstanding whale watching.