Hotel at a Glance: Inn at Churon Winery
Nestled on 11 acres in the Temecula Valley wine region, the Inn at Churon Winery is brimming with romance. Guest rooms in the French-style chateau feature gas-burning fireplaces and marble bathtubs for two, and the property is adorned with cascading waterfalls and tiered lawns. With this Getaway, you get the choice of a sunrise balloon flight over the valley or a limousine wine tour with tastings at three wineries.
- Sunrise balloon flight: You’ll enjoy a preflight reception at Monte De Oro Winery and an in-flight champagne picnic.
- Sip varietals: The four-hour winery tour includes five to six tastings per venue, champagne, chocolate, light appetizers, and a personal host to answer questions.
- French doors in your room open to your private terrace or balcony, where you can enjoy views of the vineyards below.
- Evening toast: The chateau hosts a private wine tasting for guests every night that might include award-winning syrahs or dessert wines.
- Nice perk: Guests are treated to a gourmet cooked-to-order breakfast every morning.
- Regal architectural elements include marble staircases and a 40-foot-tall grand lobby rotunda
Temecula, California: Rolling Vineyards and Small-Town Charm
Located in Southern California between Los Angeles and San Diego, Temecula feels like a small farm town compared to the metropolises it's sandwiched between. Its landscape offers a relaxing contrast to its neighbors’ urban sprawl; here, you’ll find rolling vineyards that produce award-winning wines, with a high concentration of syrahs and zinfandels. Tours and tastings are a popular way to explore wineries, but Temecula's countryside can also be sampled during a horseback ride through the surrounding ranches and meadows.
You can also hitch a ride in a horse-drawn carriage through Old Town Temecula, which resembles an Old West town with its rustic windmill, decorative wagons, and historical buildings. Along the wooden boardwalks, you'll find saloons, antique shops, and boutiques selling handmade quilts, baked goods, and cuckoo clocks.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.