Top Reasons to Stay at Inn on York Street Bed and Breakfast
- This stately B&B is housed in a mansion built in 1898 on a verdant estate in rural South Carolina.
- Every morning, innkeeper Sandie Woodier prepares a gourmet three-course breakfast that might include eggs benedict and plums with sour cream.
- Four individually decorated guest rooms feature antique furnishings and plasma TVs. A walnut and marble poster bed anchors the Ernest Hemingway suite; the Oscar Wilde room has black and white French toile accents.
- The three-acre property has beautifully landscaped gardens and a gated outdoor swimming pool.
- Inside, you’ll find polished hardwood floors, original fireplaces, reupholstered antique furnishings, and a grand piano.
- Charlotte is about one hour north. The city is home to authentic barbecue restaurants, modern skyscrapers, and an Olympic training sports facility where visitors can take on manmade whitewater rapids.
Chester, South Carolina: Historic City with Military Monuments and River Canoeing
Located in the north-central part of South Carolina, the town of Chester dates back to the early 1700s. In the historic downtown, you’ll find a blend of architectural styles, including Victorian-era homes and red brick buildings adorned with decorative murals. Perched at the top of a hill is Monument Square. This historical attraction features authentic Civil War cannons and the Aaron Burr Rock, where the former vice president once stood while passing through town on his way to stand trial for treason. You can learn more about local history at the Chester County Historical Museum. For outdoor activity, head to Chester State Park to go hiking, fishing, or boating on a 160-acre lake. You can also go canoeing along the beautiful Catawba River, and there are more than 20 golf courses within a 35-minute drive.