What You Get
15-day Iceland voyage, embarking from Stockholm, Sweden on 6/1/14, valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay a fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
- Option 1: $1,399 per person in an economy cabin, travel from 6/1/14–6/15/14 (up to a $2,329 value)
- Option 2: $1,749 per person in an inside cabin, travel from 6/1/14–6/15/14 (up to a $2,899 value)
- Option 3: $2,299 per person in an outside cabin, travel from 6/1/14–6/15/14 (up to a $3,799 value)
To Travel Solo:
- Option 1: $2,098.50 total ($1,399 + $699.50 fee)
- Option 2: $2,548.50 total ($1,749 + $799.50 fee)
- Option 3: $3,348.50 total ($2,299 + $1,049.50 fee)
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 2/1/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: 90-day cancellation required or fee of 25% Groupon price; 60-day or fee up to 50% Groupon price; 45-day or fee up to 75% Groupon price; 31-day or fee of Groupon price.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Port fee: extra fee of $280 per person required
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
15-Day European Voyage Through Scandinavia, The United Kingdom, and Iceland
The Institute for Shipboard Education was born from an idea to create a floating campus that reflected the ideals of the United Nations and the realities of globalization. Over the years, the Institute has attracted world-famous guest speakers including Mikhail Gorbachev, Mother Teresa, and Nelson Mandela. The university at sea offers Enrichment Voyages for adventurers of all ages, with educational programming that digs deep into the culture and history of each port of call.
With this Groupon, you can set out on a 15-day voyage exploring Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, and Iceland. Some days are spent at sea and others at port in a variety of European cities. The cruise incorporates both lectures and hands-on exploration. Click here to see a full list of guest lecturers.
Included in all trips:
- All available shipboard courses
- All meals
June 1–7, 2014: Scandinavia and Scotland
After disembarking from the Swedish capital of Stockholm, you’ll journey down the Baltic Sea to Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark and a historic port city. Spend some time wandering through the Tivoli Gardens amusement park or go shopping along the pedestrian-only Strøget.
From there, it’s onto Lerwick, Scotland, the main port of the Shetland Islands. Be sure to stop by the Shetland Museum and Archives, where you can learn about island folklore and tour the 17th-century Fort Charlotte—now the base of Shetland’s territorial army.
June 8–15, 2014: Iceland, Ireland, and England
The first stop in Iceland is Reykjavik, the largest northern city in the world. Visit Hallgrimskirkja, a Lutheran church with unusual modern structural elements, standing at nearly 250 feet in downtown Reykjavik; from up here, you can get expansive views of the capital’s cityscape. You’ll continue to circumnavigate the island in a clockwise fashion, stopping at the scenic fjords of Isafjordur to the north and then Akureyri, Iceland’s second-largest city known for its warm harbor.
Finally, the cruise stops in Belfast, Ireland. You can tour the historic Crumlin Road Gaol and sample fresh produce in the Victorian-style St. George’s Market before disembarking in England’s Southampton.
The MV Explorer Cruise Ship
On the MV Explorer ship, you can see some vestiges of its former life as a commercial liner. In the ship’s 9,000-volume library, there are some barstools—a nod to when the same space served as the ship’s tavern. Though education is emphasized on the trip, there’s still plenty of opportunity to relax, too. The Wellness Center spa, for example, offers massages, manicures, and other pampering services.<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
Is airfare available?
Airfare is not available.
Does this trip require a travel visa?
American passport holders do not require a visa.
Are cabin upgrades available?
Yes; contact ISE at 877-224-0797.
If I’m traveling alone, do you have roommate matching??
Yes, ISE has a roommate share program; contact them at 877-224-0797.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Contact ISE for more information at 877-224-0797.<p>
Check out The Institute for Shipboard Education’s FAQ page for more information. <p>
- Twin bunk beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2; a limited number of cabins have capacity for a third or fourth person.
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking allowed inside the cabins; smoking restricted to designated areas
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed onboard.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible cabins are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: available for an additional fee; guests can also pay a single-supplement fee to stay in a single-occupancy cabin.
- 9,000-volume library
- 24-hour computer lab
- Onboard dining
- Swimming pool
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Dec 20, 2013. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 2/1/14 or promo value expires
- 1/person, +unlimited as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough Groupons are bought for that date
- 90-day cancellation required or fee of 25% Groupon price; 60-day or fee up to 50% Groupon price; 45-day or fee up to 75% Groupon price; 31-day or fee of Groupon price
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Extra fee of $280 per person required for one-time port fee
- Fee to travel solo: $699.59 for an economy cabin, $799.50 for an inside cabin, $1,049.50 for an outside cabin.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.