Property at a Glance: Island Club
South Bass Island is a tiny speck of land off the coast of Lake Erie, between Toledo and Cleveland. It’s only 3 miles long from tip to tip, but there’s plenty to see and do, ranging from eclectic museums and a historic lighthouse to a winery and quaint downtown area with shops and restaurants. Situated on the island’s southern tip, The Island Club’s homes occupy 3.5 acres. Each is outfitted with three bedrooms, two baths, and a full kitchen. You can easily walk to all the island's attractions.
- Four-person golf-cart rental included with this getaway. Go sightseeing all over the island without breaking a sweat.
- Mr. Ed's Bar and Grille: Some options also come with a $40 dining credit you can use at this fun-loving eatery.
- Recommended hiking: From the property, you’re within walking distance of South Bass Island State Park—keep an eye out for salamanders, turtles, and bald eagles.
Highlights of Put-in-Bay, Ohio
- South Bass Island: The village is located on this small island in Lake Erie. You can walk the width of it's largest part in about 30 minutes.
- Waterfront activities are popular in the warmer months. Afterwards, swing by Put-in-Bay’s downtown area to grab a bite or kick back with a brew until the wee hours.
- Naval history: In 1813, Navy commander Oliver Hazard Perry sailed from Put-in-Bay to attack a fleet of British ships during the Battle of Lake Erie. Today, Perry’s Victory & International Peace Memorial commemorates the battle with a 350-foot Doric column next to the water.