Hotel at a Glance: Isle Casino Hotel - Bettendorf
Set along the Mississippi River, the Isle Casino Hotel - Bettendorf features a 24-hour riverboat casino with table games and more than 1,000 slot machines. The hotel has three restaurants, an indoor pool, and miles of riverfront biking trails.
- No-Limit Texas Hold ‘em Tournaments: every Thursday night
- Wednesday Night New Orleans Dinner: with seafood gumbo, jambalaya, and barbecue shrimp at Calypso’s Buffet; see other specials here.
- Dream-worthy beds: Deluxe guest rooms feature pillow-top mattresses and luxurious bedding.
- Riverfront Bike Trail: 7.6 miles around Credit Island, with panoramic views of the Mississippi
- Free shuttle: from the airport to the hotel, and vice versa
Bettendorf, Iowa: Casinos and Scenic Biking Trails Along the Mississippi River
In 2011, CNN Money included Bettendorf on its list of America's best small towns for its “share of cultural and recreational amenities.” One of the Quad Cities on the Iowa-Illinois border, Bettendorf occupies a prime spot on the banks of the Mississippi River, making it a popular destination for fishing, hiking, and biking. Several scenic paths, including the Duck Creek Recreational Trail and the Riverfront Trail, run along the water’s edge. Other ways to pass the time include riverboat gambling and betting on horseraces.
Head to neighboring Davenport to visit the Figge Art Museum, where you can see works by all-American artists including Thomas Hart Benton, Marvin Cone, and Grant Wood. In downtown Davenport, you'll find vinyl record stores, stylish boutiques, and more than a dozen bars along the riverfront.