Top Reasons to Visit Jack London Lodge
- As part of this deal, you’ll enjoy wine passes for two at three local wineries.
- The hotel is located in the wine country village of Glen Ellen, just an hour north of San Francisco on Sonoma Creek in the heart of Sonoma Valley; it’s surrounded by vineyards and top-notch restaurants.
- You can relax in the pool area or heated spa, which has a view of the creek.
- The Call of the Wild author Jack London once called Glen Ellen home.
- This Groupon includes two passes to the Jack London Historic State Park; founded in 1960, the 39 acres includes a musuem, London's gravesite, the ruins of Wolf House, and hiking trails.
- This Groupon also includes two drink vouchers for The Saloon, which is about 5 minutes from the Jack London Historic State Park. Be sure to have a glass on the scenic Creekside Patio.
Sonoma Valley, California: Relaxed Wine Country and Majestic Redwoods
Located about an hour north of San Francisco, the Sonoma Valley is best known for its wine. The mild climate here allows winemakers to grow cool-weather varietals such as pinot noir and chardonnay. But the valley has a varied landscape; some areas are prime for growing hot-weather vines, too.
Follow 17 miles of country roads that connect the sleepy hamlet of Kenwood to the Carneros Appellation and you'll find more than 40 boutique wineries, most small and family-owned. Many are tucked amid oak forests and wildflower meadows. Compared to its neighbor Napa Valley (about 15 miles away), Sonoma feels a little more relaxed and remote: the wineries here are generally more secluded from one another than those in Napa, and tasting rooms tend to be less crowded, even on the weekends.
Even if you aren't visiting for the vineyards, Sonoma Valley's gentle climate and diverse natural landscape make it worth a visit. Hiking trails wind past redwood trees as high as skyscrapers, and popular excursions are canoeing on Russian River and sightseeing at the craggy Pacific coastline and its unspoiled beaches.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.