What You Get
Stay for two in a Nightland cabin
- Option 1: $689 for a 5-night stay (up to a $1,145 value)
- Option 2: $929 for a 7-night stay with a yoga stretching and relaxation session (up to a $1,545 value)
Included in all options:
- Daily meals
- Utila history tour
- Iguana Station tour
- Horseback riding
- Lagoon and bay kayaking
- One island picnic
Policies and Fees
Book by: 3/29/14
Travel by: 5/20/14
- Blackout dates: no blackout dates
- Cancellation policy and fees: all cancellations subject to $50 fee. 31-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 16% tax not included
- Additional fees: Honduras departure fee and gratuities not included
- Airfare not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Hotel at a Glance: JadeSeahorse
The JadeSeahorse resort on Honduras's Utila island began as the private residence of husband-and-wife duo Neil and Julia, a pair of expat Los Angelenos. The couple gradually expanded their home, first opening a smoothie shop, then building a treetop bar, and eventually constructing the Nightland cabins for guests. Today, the JadeSeahorse property appears otherworldly, decorated with whimsical statues, colorful mosaic tiles, and other flea-market purchases and homemade wares from around the globe.
- Take a stroll to the pristine beaches along the Caribbean Sea, just a short walk away.
- Included tours: Each stay comes with several excursions, including a history tour, horseback riding, snorkeling, lagoon kayaking, an island picnic, and a visit to the Iguana Station.
- Nightland cabins: Each individually decorated cabin comes with air conditioning, a private bath with a shower, and a moon deck.
- Dig into three daily meals of fresh island fare at the JadeSeahorse Restaurant.
- Grab a drink at the Treetanic Bar, a faux-shipwreck-treehouse hybrid perched in the branches of the resort's mango trees.
Utila, Honduras: Secluded Caribbean Diving Destination
Utila is one of the three Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras. The easiest way to get there is by ferry, though flights come in a few times a week from the mainland or the neighboring island of Roatan. Mangrove forests laden with orchids carpet 90% of Utila, and it’s the only place in the world where you'll find the swamper iguana. In the island’s only town, which is set along a natural harbor, you’ll find markets, shops, and oceanfront bars perched on stilts.
But Utila’s chief attraction is scuba diving. Sign up for an underwater excursion from one of the island’s dozens of dive sites for a chance to see enormous whale sharks, as well as dolphins, mantas, and schools of colorful fish. Heading out from the northern coast, you can explore a huge barrier reef with sheer wall drops of more than 3,000 feet. The wide array of marine life you may see here includes seahorses, frogfish, and tons of clownfish all riding in one tiny car.
- One or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 (one double bed), 4 (two double beds)
- Adding occupants above standard: $30 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; $10 per night for each additional guest 11 or younger; add-ons not included for additional guests
- Check in: 11 a.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Promotional value expires Mar 29, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 3/29/14 or promo value expires
- Must complete travel by 5/20/14
- Limit 2/person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2/visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $50 fee
- 31-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- All date changes subject to $25 fee/person; 45-day notice req'd for date changes
- 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Must use promo value in 1 visit
- Not valid w/reward points
- Honduras departure fee, airfare, gratuities and 16% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- By plane: 1 mile (2 km) from Utila Airport (UII)
- By shuttle: about $2, one-way, from UII